“Great Food, and Service”

The Dan'l Webster Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dan'l Webster Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 69 Restaurants in Sandwich
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Traditional favorites share the menu with contemporary cuisine. Lovely dining rooms offer a choice of settings; candle-lit rooms, fireside dining in the Music Room or garden side dining in the sun or moonlit Conservatory combine with outstanding service and innovative cuisine to produce a positively exceptional dining experience. We welcome guests in all our dining rooms dressed from casual to their Sunday best. The Dan'l Webster Inn serves contemporary American cuisine for lunch and dinner daily, year round. Start your day in elegant style with a delightful Breakfast. Recipient of The Wine Spectator's prestigious Best of Award of Excellence, features wines that will please even the most discriminating guest. The Inn, recognized as a Distinguished Restaurant of North America, offers familiar favorites such as the most tender prime rib and filet mignon available along with seasonal and creative dishes from our constantly changing Chef's Special Menu
Reviewed June 1, 2017

Great food. We drove from NJ, because my husband wanted to try your Lobster Chowder based on a reccomendation. He said it was worth the 5 hour drive lol. Everything was wonderful! Bob our waiter was so helpful, and kind. I have to say, he is the best server we have ever had. His recommendations were spot on. I had the French onion soup, and cod, and it was great. My husband had the seafood chowder, and filet mignon which was cooked perfectly. Mango sorbet was excellent.

1  Thank Donnak85
KimSt, Executive Assistant at The Dan'l Webster Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Dear Donnak85 ~
Thank you for driving 5 hours to come visit us! I am so glad it was worth the trip for our Lobster Chowder and the rest of your meal. And to read "best server you ever had" - WOW! I will be sure to let Bob know how great he was. Thank you - we sincerely appreciate the great comments.

Reviewed May 27, 2017

Best lobster roll I have ever had. Also the most expensive but worth every penney. Visited during the week so crossing over to the Cape was no problem.

Dear Cheryl R ~
"Best lobster roll ever" - wow! Thank you ~ shhh...... but we think so too!
Hope you have the opportunity to stop by again. (try the Lobster Grilled Cheese next time - it is amazing too!)

Thank you again.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

We eat at the restaurant, ordered shrimp cocktail as an appetizer, very good indeed. We order the seared scallops yummmmm.
Service was friendly.

Dear KAT0384 ~
I'm so happy to hear your food was very good and service was friendly. Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed May 26, 2017

My friend and I were the only ones on the patio on a Saturday afternoon in April. Rob was our server and he was attentive, polite, and helpful. (I liked that Rob called us 50 somethings Miss instead of Ma'am, I thanked him, and he got a kick out of that.) I had the spinach salad with bacon and figs which is always really good. My friend had the salad with mozzarella & pesto, which she enjoyed. We split a shrimp cocktail. Five shrimp came instead of four because, as Rob explained, they were a little small that day, so the chef added an extra. I was able to have a GF roll for $2 extra while my friend had the bread. Rob offered butter or tapenade (olive oil with some white bean puree) and we enjoyed the oil mixture. My friend had a pretty cocktail and I had the house red which Rob had let me have a taste of first. All around an excellent experience.

1  Thank goodhelp416

Dear goodhelp416 ~
I'm glad you were able to enjoy our outdoor patio along with great service and food. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team. Thank you for sharing your great experience with us.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

The ambiance of this beautifully decorated vintage inn is spectacular and the food is outstanding. We stopped for lunch and were delighted with the sweet potato pizza which contained specialty cheeses and carmelized onions as well. The pizza was large enough for two people. The spinach salad was the best we had ever eaten topped by crunchy bacon, feta cheese and figs. Warm rolls were provided and a cheese sampler plate was available for free as we waited for our order. Service was superb. We felt welcomed to the area and would recommend this venue to all travellers in the Cape Cod area.

Dear Lyn A ~
Thank you so much for your great comments "outstanding dining choice" . It makes me very happy to hear that you found our amiance beautiful, food outstanding and service superb. I'm glad you felt welcomed ~ it means we are doing our job right.
Thank you again for taking the time.