“Gift shop”

The Dan'l Webster Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dan'l Webster Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 70 Restaurants in Sandwich
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Traditional favorites share the menu with contemporary cuisine. Lovely dining rooms offer a choice of settings; candle-lit rooms, fireside dining in the Music Room or garden side dining in the sun or moonlit Conservatory combine with outstanding service and innovative cuisine to produce a positively exceptional dining experience. We welcome guests in all our dining rooms dressed from casual to their Sunday best. The Dan'l Webster Inn serves contemporary American cuisine for lunch and dinner daily, year round. Start your day in elegant style with a delightful Breakfast. Recipient of The Wine Spectator's prestigious Best of Award of Excellence, features wines that will please even the most discriminating guest. The Inn, recognized as a Distinguished Restaurant of North America, offers familiar favorites such as the most tender prime rib and filet mignon available along with seasonal and creative dishes from our constantly changing Chef's Special Menu
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Forgot to mention the gift shop at the hotel. It was fantastic! Lots of local crafts and cards. It is even on the shopping tour as a group came in while I was there.

Date of visit: August 2018
KimSt, Executive Assistant at The Dan'l Webster Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Dear hm821 ~
We have to admit - our Gift Shop is fantastic! Our Gift Shop Manager, Mary Ellen, spends countless hours trying to have crafted and unique items available. Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful words.

Gary Cremeans

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

1 Star: Beautiful historical building
1 Star: Staff was nice and helpful
1 Star: Location is beautiful. Sandwich town has been a discovery.
1 Star: Food was very good. I had fish and it was very good. The falafel for appetizer were great!
1 Star: Will I return? YES!

Date of visit: September 2018

Dear MercedesPons ~
When I first read this - I was taken aback with "1 Star" then I saw where you were going with it; thank you! We certainly appreciate your comments and look forward to your return. Please take the opportunity to find me when you return, I would enjoy the opportunity to meet you.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

Went for lunch with a friend. Got a seat in the atrium which is very lovely. Food not so lovely. We ordered cheeseburgers: One medium well and two medium rare. They all came out medium well. When I show this to the waiter he just looked at me as if he didn't know what I was talking about. Did not want to reorder as then we would not have our meal all together. Chef needs to know the differences between how to cook beef. What if this had been an expensive steak? Too many good restaurants on Cape Cod to bother returning here

Dear cctravelerCapeCod ~
We certainly apologize for the incorrect temperatures on your burgers; sometimes mistakes do happen and this was one of those times. I wish you had returned the meals to get exactly what you had asked for ~ we would have taken care to push your order to the front of the line. As the Dining Room Manager, I will discuss with my team as to how to handle situations such as yours; although they should be aware; sometimes re-enforcement is necessary; I do apologize that the situation was not handled more effectively.
And please know that your comments have been brought to the attention of our Executive Chef so he can work with his team as well.
I would hope that someday you choose to give us another opportunity; and please ask for me, I would like to personally greet you.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Staff very friendly and location absolutely great. Not many options for vegetarians unfortunately which makes it not a place for us.

Dear Ping1965 ~
Thank you for the kudos on the staff and location; we definitely like to hear that. Our menu changes seasonally; I will be sure to forward your comments to our Executive Chef so he can have it in mind when designing some new items.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

We had lunch in the outside pavilion area. It is quite beautiful and comfortable. Our server Jo Ann was very nice, but also very busy. I might suggest that they employ a young high school student to wander and fill water goblets, which are on the small side. I had the Reuben sandwich was tasty, another diner had the soup and sandwich and the lobster bisque was proclaimed to be the best she ever ate. There was a seafood special which was deemed the best she has ever had. A very lovely location with a well-deserved reputation.

Dear MrCottage ~
Thank you for the comments regarding your visit. Your feedback is appreciated and we are working to add support to our waitstaff and cultivating some new talent. Joanne has been with us for multiple years and is a valued member of the team; I am glad to hear your comments as that she was very nice. Our Lobster Chowder has that said about it often.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.