“Mixed feelings”

Rivershed
Ranked #9 of 40 Restaurants in Scituate
Price range: US$12 - US$18
Reviewed September 8, 2018

While visiting the area, I went to Rivershed twice. The first time, I ordered a Southwest Salad to-go and one beer while I waited. Just these two items ran we $25.00...pretty pricey in my opinion. And they even charged an extra $1.00 for the salad b/c it was a to-go item. I've worked in restaurants for years and this was a first I've ever seen this! This being said though, the salad was delicious! We went back to Rivershed a few days later for lunch b/c we've had their lunch tacos before and remembered they were quite good. I'm happy to say that has not changed. I ordered two chicken tacos and they were delicious! One downside to the lunch tacos is there isn't any flexibility. You must order two of the same taco. The only time you can mix things up and order two different styles is on Taco Tuesday. This seems like an unnecessary restriction. One other downside to our visit was the wait time. This place can get packed around dinnertime, but we visited for lunch during the workweek and this place was dead. I think there were a total of 6 patrons. This being said, the wait time between our appetizer and entrees being delivered was unacceptable.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We visit the Rivershed regularly for dinner and consistently enjoy our meals. The burgers and tacos are excellent, and the fires are some of the best we've tasted. The atmosphere is very casual and friendly. Taco Tuesdays are a bargain and sometimes we'll get there a bit early and order from the lunch menu which offers slightly smaller portions for a great price.

Reviewed August 17, 2018

Six of us stopped here on a Tuesday evening for dinner. The place was really busy, but we were seated within ten minutes.The atmosphere is local pub. They had entertainment a singer who was very good. Tuesdays are taco Tuesdays, so three in our group had the tacos. Everyone enjoyed them, the tacos are good size the pulled pork and shrimp were the favorites. One person had a salad with shrimp the salad was crisp and fresh and the shrimp were good size. Two of us had the ribs which were tender and very flavorful, they were a half rack, the baked beans and coleslaw were also very good. They have a good selection of craft beers. The service was quick and friendly. We will definitely return. It is a little loud but a fun atmosphere.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Looking for a place for lunch on our way home from an airport drop off. Didn't want to stay in Boston. "Let's go to Scituate " I said. Google restaurants and the Rivershed popped up, good reviews. Let's try it!
First thing on the menu - Gumbo. Tried a cup. Well seasoned, but not burn your taste buds hot! I had BBQ shrimp app w/ dirty rice side. Wow! My husband had the 2 meat Bbq with mac & cheese side. Nice and smokey ribs and chopped brisket. 5 abuses to choose from. Finally had a chance to try NC mustard based sauce. They were all good. Plus dessert. Would come back here in a heartbeat!

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch with my husband and daughter today. We ordered the pigskins, two grownups and the pulled pork sandwich. The pigskins are potato skins with pulled pork. They were good but the portion size is small. The grownup is chopped brisket with caramelized onions and three different cheeses on grilled sourdough. The sandwich was just ok. It was a lot of bread. My daughter said her pulled pork sandwich was ok. The waiter was very friendly but the girl who delivered our order was rude when we asked for BBQ sauce. Not sure that we will go back.

Been to Rivershed? Share your experiences!