All reviews room was clean heard nothing entire area bathroom door english muffin bathroom fan would definitely stay here again continental breakfast slept great stayed here for nights fit the bill clean place one night stay cape cod place to sleep ice machine desk
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night for a wedding. Room was very clean but so outdated. Wallpaper trim near ceiling was coming loose. There were tears in the plastic-like cover on a pairing over the bed. Worst was the noise level! Room next door got in after midnight and we could hear nearly their entire conversation! Then they were up opening and closing doors and talking at 6:15 am. They went out for coffee and returned only to sit outside the room talking and smoking. Sounded like someone was vacuuming a room around 7am and you could even hear people in other rooms banging coat hangers in their closet! I guess you get what you pay for. Next time I’ll spend the money to ensure a quiet, restful night. Oh, and the so-called continental breakfast? Looked like just coffee and orange juice in the lobby. If you can’t produce it, done advertise it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue R
Reviewed August 6, 2018

I was spending a few days there to check out Rhode Island. The room was decent and check in/out was easy. Although, the front desk staff (older female) wasn't that pleasant. The fridge in the room was a dorm size one so it was quite large for a motel room. That was a plus. The beds were comfortable. However, there was no tub just a shower and you had to make sure the window shade was closed. Otherwise, the workers at the drive thru behind our building could look right in. Now the location wasn't bad. Could walk from the motel to two different restaurants. However, the turn onto the road juts off of a roundabout. It's a small one and the roads are close to each other. As I was paying close attention to the traffice and looking for the road to take a right turn onto, I ended up seeing the driveway for the place just as I was passing by it. The signage could be better. I ended up turning around and coming back to the entrance. Other than that, yes I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2018

I don't understand the bad reviews here because I and my husband stayed here for 3 nights and found it to be lovely. The owner/manager Dave Rotondo was wonderful to work with when we made our reservations and a pleasure to meet and converse with during our stay. He is a really nice guy and is consistently updating the hotel and takes pride in it. All the desk employees were nice too. We had an upstairs suite and it was clean and cozy. The room's decor was nice, the bathroom was pretty, the flat screen TV just fine and the bed was very, very comfortable. I have back and neck trouble and I slept great on their bed. There is a computer in the nicely-decorated lobby and coffee, tea and orange juice for guests. The pool looked nice, but we didn't have time to use it. The outside is decorated nicely and there are small, nice touches around. This is a budget-friendly hotel that more than satisfies for the fair prices it charges guests. The back door is kept unlocked, which is nice if you come in late as we did every night, but might concern some people. We neither saw or heard any crime in the parking lot and the room was so quiet that we overslept two days. I am a light sleeper and I can attest that I heard nothing and we slept in late. Don't expect a five-star experience as this is a reasonably-priced hotel without a huge amount of frills. We'd spent the previous 7 days at a Boston hotel that charged over 4 times as much. Of course, it was nicer, but shouldn't it be for that price? (Thankfully, our company paid for THAT hotel) We wanted to see Providence, RI and visit Newport, RI and go to Cape Cod after our conference ended and chose this hotel for the price and location. Its in a great location to explore other areas and is really conveniently located in an area with many services (Starbucks is two blocks away, other stores, shopping, restaurants, etc. are right there). Our only mishap was a wake up call that didn't come. Our mistake was not to set our own alarm and this has happened to us at high-end hotels too. When we travel, we basically just need a place to sleep because we are on the go. This fit the bill and we were more than pleasantly surprised after reading some of these puzzling reviews. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The upstairs suites are big and very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Spent two nights here as a family of three. The room was well equipped and spacious. It was clean and air con worked. Breakfast was English muffins and fruit. We bought our own bread and made toast and coffee. Great location plenty to do within minutes

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank scoobyscout
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the one bedroom suite this weekend. In town for a family function. The hotel is older, but the room was very spacious and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The pool looked spotless also. Of course, it's not an upscale place, but you can tell the owner takes pride in it, with a nice welcoming lobby area and potted flowers throughout. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family