“It was what we expected.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Ridgeley, West Virginia
“It was what we expected.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

If you read my reviews, you will see I am not a picky person. If you happen to be, don't stay here. If you're not, it's a perfectly fine, affordable place to stay. The location is awesome: It's less than a mile from WalMart, Target, Lowes, McDonalds, etc., it has free parking (staying in downtown Providence will cost you $25 a day plus tip for parking!), a free continental breakfast, and it's only a 7 minute drive to downtown Providence. The hotel was nicely painted throughout, the pool was clean, and the staff was courteous. The only issues we had were with our room. Our toilet made such a squealing noise that we didn't flush if we went to the bathroom overnight for fear of waking the others in our room and even others in adjoining rooms. Water in the shower went from hot to cold to hot to cold. Our room had an odd smell that we got used to after we were in the room for a few minutes. Finally, the A/C was just sufficient. We like it colder overnight and it wouldn't cool the room enough for us overnight. We stayed for a week. Were it not for the room issues, I would have given this hotel the best scores. I will stay here again when we go to Providence.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Yonkers, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

filty, dirty and lousy service. The room smell trerrible and I got a skin reaction as soon I entered in the room. Worse check in I have ever experienced. Continental breakfast ok, weak coffee.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank anamaria b
Winter Springs, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Checked in for my 15 night stay, traveling for business. (My company used a travel agency to book my room). First thing I saw was a dead bug in the bathroom. It looked like a roach to me but I was told it was "just a beetle". The manager said someone would come take care of it. A little while later I saw 2 more dead" beetles" I went to the front desk and said I am staying here for 15 nights and I really do not want to constantly be on the lookout for bugs. She was very annoyed and asked me if I wanted my room exterminated. She spoke to someone behind the wall and let him know I was complaining about the bugs again. (I could partially see that there was a man sitting at a computer.) He said I could move upstairs where I would not have "beetles". This someone turned out to be one of the owners. (Too bad he did not get up and address me in person, but I guess I was out of line for complaining about the bugs). I asked if I could first see the room as I had already partially unpacked and wanted to make sure the room would work for me. I told her I would normally just live with a situation for one or two nights but this would be an extended stay and I wanted to be comfortable. She "marched" briskly in front of me and was visibly annoyed. She inquired how I booked the room, (I gathered she was more than likely checking to see if I went through a discounted method). I did move upstairs and only saw one dead bug.

Room Tip: book an upstairs room, so you will not have to worry about having as many dead bugs
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Susan H
Sbizier, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
I am sorry that your experience at our hotel was dissapointing. As I'm sure you noticed we are located in a suburb surrounded by trees and grass. This type of locaton is prone to beetles and other insects that are attracted to grass and trees. We do our best to keep from having any get into the buildings with a consitant regement of spraying. It keeps the issues at a bare minimum, but unfortunately now and again we have a few instances where they sneak in.

I do apoligize for the behavoir of my staff that you reported. You comments have been adressed with all personal and we do hope that that will take care of that complaint.

We welcome you to give our hotel another opportunity to serve you. If you are ever in the area again and would like to give us another chance, please contact me directly and I will do all I can to insure your next stay with us is a pleasant one.
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

My wife an i would like to thank MRS Sylvia Bizier the Manager of Ramada-Providence , who has been most helpful to us during our stay there on Aug. 11 and 12 2011.My wife had fallen before arriving at the hotel and could not step on her foot. Not only did we get a large room on the first floor, which was easy to access, but Mrs Sylvia Bizier also gave my wife her sons personal crutches. we greatly appreciate her help and personal touch, not to mention the great room and excellent breakfast

yair
Haifa, Israel

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking time to give our hotel this wonderful review. It was a pleasure hosting you and your wife. I hope your trip home was pleasant and we do hope to see you again the next time you visit our area. Regards, Sivia
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

I read some of the complains on tripadvisor about this place, but when I stayed there for two nights we had no problems. The room was really nice, didn't smell no mold or anything. We got room service on time, I felt secured. The food at the resturant was really good and the bartender was really helpful with choosing drinks. I think the service at the hotel was really great.
The only thing I wasn't happy with was that the room didn't have a refregrater, it was our fault we didn't request one while booking the rooms through orbitz but at check in we asked for one and the lady said because she already checked us in, she couldn't move us to a room with a refregrater, she said she tried but couldn't, but I got over it right away and she was really helpful in calling a taxi for us. As for the pool, I didn't see any issues with it, yes it seemed like it was cloudy but I don't think its the water, I think its the color of pool that made it seem like that, I enjoyed the pool!
Great hotel, would stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank nirav p
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are always pleased to know that we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. We appreciate your kind remarks about the pool, the staff and the restaurant. Come back anytime you are in the area and make sure to identify yourselves when you come.
Stockport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Stayed one night on New England vacation trip. Welcome at reception was friendly, the room was a good size, clean and with reasonable facilities. Providence is only about a 15 minute drive away so the location is excellent for sightseeing/accessing restaurants etc. Good value for money so a good option in comparison to many of the downtown Providence hotels.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ramborao
Many thanks to you for taking time to write a positive review about your stay at our hotel. We do appreciate your review and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Come back anytime you are in the area...we would love to see you again!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

The front desk had no idea what they were doing it took 25min to check in. They had no elevator to the second floor where I was suppose to be in a renovated room it must have been renovated 20 years ago. The room smelled horrible of mold and I was coughing all night. Also the ac in the room did not work and the shower had no hot water. Horrible customer service. I'll never stay at a Ramada again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathrine60763
silbizier, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
I am so very sorry to hear about your dissapointing stay with us. Although our hotel is older, we do pride ourselves in keeping it clean and well maintained. I am sorry to hear that your room was not satisfactory to you. We do have some very newly renovated rooms and some rooms that had been renovated in the past 10 years and continue to work on renovation projects. The hotel was built at a time when elevators were not a requirement however we have been working on plans to hopefully someday install some. It will be a very big undertaking as the building will need to actually be rebuilt to acomadate them. In the meantime we do apoligize for the inconvenience of not having them and are always happy to assist out guests with their belongings. We take your comments very seriously and have forwarded them to the appropriate departments to look into. I sincerly hope that you will allow us another opportunity to accomadate you in the future. Please contact us in advance in the event that you do and we will do whatever we can to assure you a pleasant stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Hampton Inn Seekonk
#1 of 8 in Seekonk
Knights Inn Seekonk MA
#6 of 8 in Seekonk
Downtown Providence
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!