“Dinner”

Lotus Xpress
Ranked #136 of 347 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Asian, Fusion
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

I tried to order their house special Mapo Szechuan tofu. I'm used to the Chinatown one with minced meat. The person taking the order did not know what I was asking for & the chef said they do not put any meat in it.
The lo mein was ok, I've had much better :(

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed April 21, 2015

Great restaurant, fresh food, fast and friendly staff. Excellent Drunken Noodles, my favorite dish. Have been there for four or five times in the past couple of months.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed August 31, 2014

I live near Lotus Express and dine their weekly. They inhabit a former KFC, so the décor won't blow you away. However, the service and food are both top notch. I am usually greeted with a smile by Alan, Michelle, Dashi, Chris or any other staff member. When I dine there, I notice constant traffic from customers coming and going to pick up their orders. The food is consistently good. I have never had a disappointing meal from Lotus. A few favorites are the orange sesame chicken, Japanese curry chicken, tofu with vegetables, seaweed salad and avocado salad.

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The delivery man had a little difficulty finding the apartment so one of us stood outside and talked him through it on his cell.

We enjoyed the food which, somehow, was a little different than what we're used to in Ottawa. The food arrived hot. For five adults we ordered the Appetizer Sampler, Orange Sesame Chicken, Beef with Broccoli and Fried Rice. The order came with an additional small fried rice and some sauces. We had lots to eat with a lunch for 1 leftover. As I recall, I believe the bill came to approx. $55.00 USD.

We'd call them again.

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I recently drove through Somerville looking for a quick bite to eat on the way home and found this place. The soup & entree were very tasty and also very inexpensive. From what I can tell, this place already has a local following and the owners greet their regulars by name. If you are in the neighborhood, I would definitely try giving this place a try and I'm sure you'll be hooked. Being a big fan of hot and sour soup, I highly recommend trying this.

Date of visit: August 2013