“So Different”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2018

We don't know too many people who are adventurous and appreciate trying new foods. But our out of-town friends do, so we chose Sarma.
Service by Lana was pleasant, helpful, and patient.
Dishes we tried were the Scallops Katayif (so delicious), tabouleh crusted flounder (delish), cauliflower fatteh (so tasty), and the chef's special of sesame crusted fried chicken (tasty, but we didn't think it special).
Our friends tried the lamb sliders, black sesame eggplant, trout saltimbocca, and the Milk Stout Nitro beer, all of which they enjoyed.
Full bar; major credit cards accepted. Parking in the area is a real challenge (lots of construction and resident only parking), but use of the Somerville High Scholl parking lot is a five minute walk away.
Reservations highly recommended as this is a very popular and busy venue.
My wife and I really appreciate the combinations of ingredients and textures, the presentation of the dishes, and the unusual preparation of the ingredients.
We'll look forward to another visit.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

Go here, make a reservation to make sure you get in. Make it more than a week in advance. Don't order too much off the menus because when the daily specials come around, you are going to want everything! If the chicken comes out of the kitchen and you aren't a vegetarian, even if you are stuff, you MUST eat it!
You can thank me later.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Horrible service, inaccurate hostess, hostile service staff,rigid about ordering. Food okay.

In some ways, “the emperor has no clothes.” Tiny plates, large prices. The attitude is that due to their fame, they can get away with being rude.

1  Thank Foodafficianado
Reviewed October 4, 2018

I have lived in Boston for 3 years now, and this is hands down the best restaurant I've been to. It's a charming atmosphere - tucked away in Somerville - and every dish seems to outdo the last. Highly recommend the spicy brussel sprouts with chorizo and the octopus! If you're a fan of tapas and Mediterranean food, this is the place for you. Make sure to book in advance as this restaurant tends to book out!

1  Thank shelbsoc
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I came here for dinner and drinks with a group a 4.
We ordered 12 different plates and the donuts for dessert.
I can’t recall everything we ate, but I really liked their brussels sprouts and cauliflower dish.
Everything was so flavorful.
I would return here whenever I’m in the area again! Yum!!