“Great Green Enchiladas!”

Papagayo Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar
Ranked #93 of 315 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 November 2014

I really liked the green enchiladas, though had to order extra salsa, but once i poured it on top it was perfect. Surprisingly good Margarita (house) and a Tequila list that goes all the way up to $200+ per shot! but not to worry, the Enchiladas were under $20. Good deal

Reviewed 13 November 2014

I've been here a couple times and both times have been great. Their beef and chicken are top quality. Their rice isn't the best but that's probably the only thing I didn't enjoy. Their desserts are top notch too!

Reviewed 22 September 2014

I was at Assembly Row after a late afternoon movie, looking for a place to eat and also maybe watch some of the Sunday night football game. There are 3 places on the Mystic River end of the new complex. The prices were much more reasonable at this new Mexican spot. I love Mexican food, and I will say this is not a standout but the prices and quantity and quality were more than acceptable. I had the enchaladas, which for $10 was a fine meal. I even had room for a little dessert. I tried the flan. I am a big fan of flan, but this was too heavy, more like a crème-brulee than the lighter flan I have found elsewhere, but the presentation and flavor were both excellent. I give the place 4 stars, and would go back again if I was at Assembly Row and looking for a reasonably priced meal.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stopped at Papagayo on the way back from the USS Constitution for lunch. It was about 1:30, so there was no real lunch traffic. We were seated immediately at a table near an open front window, as the weather was beautiful. We began with beers (Modelo on tap), then started with chili dusted calamari, which was very tender, but could have been a little crispier on the outside and maybe a little more chili dust, but overall pretty good. Then my friend and I had the fish tacos, which had a generous cut of a sauteed tilapia filet, a really good sauce, and guacamole. Very tasty. Three of them to an order. My other friend had the bbq chicken salad. No real complaints. Reasonably priced. Overally pretty good.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch on a Friday in mid-July and any kinks at this new location seem to be worked out at this point. We sat by the open windows, they face the river which is very nice and relaxing, unfortunately there are a few parking spaces right out front but still a nice view of the park and water. Our server was super friendly and attentive, and it seemed very genuine.

The food was fantastic. I'm still thinking about the Alotes a la Parilla (don't let the name intimidate you, it's grilled corn with a pepper and lime aioli and cotija cheese). I also had the short rib quesadilla with very well seasoned and tender meat. If you're checking out Assembly Row, Papagayo is definitely worth trying!

1  Thank Nicki H