“Good food!”
Review of The Talkative Pig

The Talkative Pig
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at an off hour between lunch and dinner based on all the good reviews.
The food was very good (soup, salads, grilled cheese, desserts) BUT the service was weird... (and hence only 4 stars). Not sure if the lady who served us just had a really bad day or if that’s her usual demeanor- she was very “cold” and short, never smiling or thanking. Still, she checked on us if all was ok, refilled our water etc. but the feeling was that she’s doing us a favor and can’t wait to be out of there /do something else.

Prices were very reasonable too!

I’ll recommend the place and hope you’ll get a different waitress with a better attitude/demeanor.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

While I could have continued to eat Lobster daily - the boys were craving pizza. We were not disappointed and I work for an Italian Restaurant that makes great pizza. I secretly was hoping for lobster on my pizza but that wasn't an option (maybe it should be??)) Even though I was disappointed - I ordered the sausage and peppers pizza and was very happy! I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner one night and got the burrata, clam chowder and pizza. We also got the blueberry ricotta pie and tiramisu. All very good with the exception of the clam chowder. I got a bowl and there was mainly potatoes in it with very little clams. The service was good as well. Nice stop off the beaten path.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

The arrancini tasted like they came straight from the freezer and the sauce that was served with this appetizer was thick and heavy. The ravioli was doughy and heavy - the tomato sauce that was served alongside though was tasty and light. My kids ordered a pizza with bacon and sausage - the toppings were piled on way too heavily which made the entire pizza very heavy, soggy and greasy. We loved the Tiramisu - it was light and delicious. The flourless chocolate cake was way to dense chewy - it was heavy like a brick.

Amanda M, Owner at The Talkative Pig, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback! We're always paying attention to what our diners think and we want you to know we have taken your comments into consideration.

Cheers!

Reviewed June 26, 2018

This is a casual Italian restaurant, a little out-of-the way from Chatham but worth the trip. I had the Margherita Pizza which was thin, crispy, and tasty. At six slices, there was enough to take home for lunch the next day. My husband had shrimp scampi and liked it a lot and said it had an unusual flavor that he couldn't identify (but liked), so the waitress asked the chef who indicated it was thyme. He also had enough leftover to bring home for lunch the next day. We shared a piece of the Belgian chocolate cream pie, which was delicious! (and worth the trip alone, IMO.)