“Wasn't thrilled with it, but ok”
Review of Castaways

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Castaways
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Reviewed September 20, 2018

we went in September which is somewhat off season.
Spaghetti was pitiful. It was so watery because they must not have drained the spaghetti. It felt like no meat tomato/water soup! My husband had a bourbon chicken which was excellent , though

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed January 30, 2018

We were at an art exhibit in Chatham and wanted a place the five of us could stop and have some good food in a casual setting. This is definitely the spot to stop. It is conveniently located on Route 28 and very easy to find. While it looks small from the street don't be concerned if there are lots of cars in the parking lot. It is very roomy inside and the tables are not on top of each other. It was a Friday night and I had called ahead to let them know we were coming in around 7:15. We got there early and it was towards the end of the first wave of diners so the place emptied out while we were waiting for drinks.
There is a nice size bar area if you want to sit and watch a game or see who is coming in the front door. If it a cold night be prepared for a blast of cold air overtime the door opens.
They are open year round and have a good size menu full of the traditional dishes you normally see around the Cape. The bathroom is off the bar and is a one seated. The pizza on other people tables looking tempting but we selected other items.
I ordered the chili and my wife ordered the clam chowder. Both were generous portions. We also shared the steak and cheese quesadeio. The chili and chowder were big servings and nice and hot temperature but not spicey.
Service was good, prices very reasonable and food was good quality. I would definitely come back and order a pizza.

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank richard b
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

I've been coming down to the Harwich area for decades and can't believe I never tried Castaways. Open only for dinner off-season, but what a charming, friendly restaurant with an expansive menu at reasonable prices. I went with my husband and two sons and everything was fantastic. Excellent chicken Caesar salad! They have fantastic pizza as well. Dessert was a little on the small side but was yummy too. It's a little set back on Rte. 28 but well worth a visit.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank wanderlust42
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

I ordered the burrito special, which was solid. The clam chowder was excellent! My only complaint is that the service was slow. I'm not sure if they were understaffed. The clam chowder alone would bring me back for a return visit. I only hope the service is faster next time!

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank apdigan
Reviewed July 18, 2017

We had a great dinner at Castaways in a busy atmosphere. I love the chicken/bacon pizza and all of their appetizers are great! The owner is always hands on and in control.

Castaways is a definite stop for us while we visit in the summer and fall.

Date of visit: July 2017