“Hidden Gem”
Review of Jerk Cafe

Jerk Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Description: Chef Shrimpy’s Jerk Cafe serves delicious Jamaican Jerk Style Caribbean food daily in South Yarmouth, Massachusetts on Cape Cod. The Jerk Cafe is like a Jamaican oasis where Chef Shrimpy creates his own famous Jamaican Jerked Chicken and Jerked Pork dishes using his own secret combination of traditional Jamaican spices and special grilling techniques every day.
Reviewed August 26, 2017

This is an amazing place. From the outside, it looks like a run-of-the-mill fastfood place, but it turned out to be anything but. Walking inside, one smells the wonderful spices used on the food. The dinners are inexpensive but delicious, and one gets a lot for his/her money. I had the chicken dinner, which came with a plantain, rice, and vegetables. My wife had a half-chicken, half-pork dinner. Absolutely wonderful food. I should add that the Caribbean music playing in the background is great, and the owner is wonderfully kind and clearly enjoys his work. He transfers that love for his job to the food he serves.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

excellent food , we had lunch there and the food was amazing. saw it on the Phantom gourmet and it was a wonderful place to eat

Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

We got the jerk pork vegetable wrap and the jerk chicken vegetable sub and it was better than we expected seeing that we are boston residents where there is alot of jamaican restaurants that serve excellent jamaican food. This was our second time to the jerk cafe and we will keep going back. Recommended for all!!!!!!

Reviewed July 24, 2017

My husband and I brought our three boys to the Jerk Cafe based on Tripadvisor reviews. The food was very good but we were surprised at how much the bill came to ($80...the same price as the Hearth and Kettle Restaurant the night before and we each had a full dinner there)
The place also needs a good cleaning. The tables and the chairs are really dirty

Reviewed May 26, 2017

Absolutely delicious. Tucked away in a small shopping strip on Rt. 28 in South Yarmouth, the Jerk Cafe ranks among my top five BBQ places ever. The ribs, the pork and the chicken are not to be missed. You need to either get some to go or have friends with you so you can taste them all (there is a pork-chicken combo available). My wife and I liked it so much we ordered food to go on three days (you can eat in as well) and even took two rib dinners and a combo plate home on the day we left the Cape. And there is a story here in the gentleman who does the cooking--and he has a book out--and there are pictures with local celebrity politicians. As I said above, "Top of the line" food and an interesting story as well.