1,234 results
All reviews the main dining room front porch new england norman rockwell historic hotel rocking chairs prime rib turkey dinner maple glen uneven floors country curtains main street antique furniture people watching step back in time the main hotel resident cat
Reviewed April 20, 2017

Staying here was a charming visit back in time. The main dining room is beautiful, there are lovely little nooks to play cards and have a drink, the fireplace blazes, the rooms are lovely...just be prepared for not a straight angle in the entire inn. Our room looked like it was sliding downhill, but we are used to that as we live in an antique house :) As we visited during a quiet week, we were met with a great upgrade to a suite, which was perfect for our family of 4. Beds were a tad concave our our liking (they might want to upgrade some of the mattresses) and although the bathroom had a beautiful clawfoot tub, the area around the vintage sink could have used a replacing to make it fresher and just cleaner overall (not that it was "dirty" per se...it was just showing its age and some cracks and crevices can only be cleaned so much). Must say that the members of staff were all extremely friendly and helpful-service was great. We did eat dinner at the Inn one evening and enjoyed it quite a bit-portions were generous and everyone liked their choices. The atmosphere in the dining room is just delightful. Wish the weather had been a bit warmer-we would have taken advantage of the very nice outdoor pool and fire pit. We would stay here again!

Room tip: I've read that Room 301 is haunted...so you might want to steer clear if this isn't your thing!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Michele K, General Manager at The Red Lion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so glad that you found the Main Dining Room delightful during your family dinner with us and that you were able to enjoy a drink by the fireplace in our lobby. This is a great time of year to visit Stockbridge as we are not quite in our high season, but there are still plenty of attractions in the area to visit and explore as the first signs of Spring are beginning to bloom. We offer packages for those seeking a cultural adventure. What better way to celebrate the promise of spring than with our new Bloomin’ in the Berkshires Package? This unique experience includes overnight accommodations, cocktails that you can enjoy on our front porch upon arrival, full breakfast in the morning, and tickets to The Berkshire Botanical Gardens where you can explore the vivid explosion of bright spring colors. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed April 18, 2017

The Inn is quaint and quirky (in a good way). Cute room and so many great pictures and antiques. Something to look at on every turn. Rooms are small,but adequate. Enjoyed the heated pool and hot tub. Guests are definitely the 50's and up crowd for sure! My husband and I are in our early 50's and we felt very young there. I would recommend it for a quick trip as a couple or with a friend group.

1  Thank ConnecticutReader
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in a queen suite facing the Main Street. This is a very unique property and I'm glad to see they're taking good care of this historic Inn! It's like walking into a time machine. The room was nicely decorated and art works and antique furnitures, spacious and homey. The bed comfortable and clean. It's an old building so squeaking and uneven floor is kinda expected but didn't bother me that much during my stay. If you're a light sleeper the noise from the street could be annoying, but again it wasn't a problem for me. The breakfast buffet was a disappointment. We were told that the kitchen is currently under renovation so selections were limited, but we did not realize it is REALLY limited, only one kind of breakfast meat, oat meal, a few pieces of bread, and scrambled eggs. That was definitely not worth 15 dollars.

All in all a lovely inn in a lovely town. Would consider staying here again should i come back.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Michele K, General Manager at The Red Lion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. The Red Lion Inn is steeped in historic charm and it is our honor that people from all over the world and all walks of life chose to come stay with us for this very reason! All of our guest rooms have classic pieces of art and many of the antiques that line our uneven, meandering hallways are original to the building. I am sorry to hear about your disappointment in our temporary breakfast buffet selection while our kitchen was under renovation. I am pleased to tell you that our kitchen preservation is complete and we are back to serving our full breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

I have traveled to the Red Lion Inn for business and pleasure over the last 15 years. Amazingly, my stays never get old, and the charm is timeless. The staff remain top notch, the service stellar, and the rooms comfortable. Truly a classic among American inns!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2017

My wife and I had another great stay at the Red Lion Inn. We came up to spend a night for our anniversary and was pleasantly surprised when they upgraded us up to a King Suite from a King deluxe room. When we got into the room we were surprised again when we found a bottle of wine and two wine glasses (courtesy of the Inn) to help celebrate our anniversary. As usual the charm of the Inn and the friendly staff made our stay one to remember!

• Trip type: Travelled with family