All reviews cracker barrel outdoor pool old sturbridge village waffles gas station convenience store hot tub queen suite hard boiled eggs breakfast staff separate building breakfast bar free breakfast parking lot room was large off the highway main building
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As we prepare for another trip into New England and a stop-over at this Comfort Inn, I think about our last stay. The rooms are always clean, comfortable, and well equipped, the area is beautiful and the selection of excellent restaurants provides many options. We find, though, after several years, that it's the staff that keep us coming back. From check-in to housekeeping, from the service at the lounge in the evening and the "Breakfast Ladies" in the morning, we always feel as if we are their priority and complete focus. Staff is engaged and committed to making our stays trouble free and enjoyable. Special credit and thanks go to Jo (JoAnnie Orengo). Jo always, in person and on the phone, takes the time to go "above and beyond" to provide excellent service and make sure we get the rooms we need and have an excellent stay. Our thanks to Jo and the entire Team!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
GM-CISC, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you staying with us and sharing your kind words! I am so glad Jo and the rest of the team took such good care of you while you were with us. We do hope you think of us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a quick overnight en route to a college drop-off. The room was very comfortable and it was very nice to have a living room as well. The hotel in general is well decorated and clean. My only quibble was that we had booked a room with two beds and instead found the room to have only one. The front desk said there were no other rooms available. The hotter it was very nice and the workout room completely adequate.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to our area. I apologize that we were unable to meet your room type needs, as we do our best to meet all guest requests if possible. We do hope you think of us the next time you need to drop your college student off to school and you need a hotel, you think of us.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

A great hotel for the price.Seems newly decorated and fresh.Even our standard 2 bed queen was large and comfortable.Desk staff was helpful and the woman at the excellent free breakfast even helped me make the waffles.We liked this place so much we even altered our round trip to stay here on both the
to and fro.I wish I could give a 4.9 rating.
One ice machine for the whole building that wasn't working on our first stay but was fixed by the time we returned. To be fair,we did not go iceless,the desk sent us to the bartender who happily filled our bucket.Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
GM-CISC, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We always appreciate when guests take the time to let us know about their stay. We hope if your travels bring you back to our area, you think of us.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

My father and I stayed in a king suite room with a connecting handicapped room with a roll in shower. We checked in on Monday and stayed until Friday.

The beds/pillows were very comfortable and the room was quiet. Loved the location on the first floor a few steps from the lobby.

The breakfast was fine, I’m sure no one would starve. The coffee in the breakfast room was wonderful!

The staff and housekeeping was fabulous. All very friendly and courteous. The woman in the breakfast bar was even cool when a kid poured syrup on the waffle iron and she had to clean up the mess! I would have wrung the little brat’s neck:). Where where the parents??

Now the personal gripes:
The WiFi was a bit slow. I had to call 2 out of the 4 days we were there to the front desk because it seemed they kept changing the password. Please tell me that when I check in. It would have stopped me from getting frustrated.

Kids. I get it at this price point of a hotel you are going to get families with kids. But the couples and people that are not traveling with kids totally get shut out of using the hot tub because the kids playing in the “mini pool” . I spoke to 2 other couples at breakfast that were also venting their frustration over this. The hotel has a lovely outdoor pool as well as an indoor pool. I can deal with splashing and cannonballs and even shrieking kids playing in the pool, but at some point, I think the hotel should address that a lot of folks don’t travel with kids. At least make the hot tub adults only. Is that too much to ask?

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We are so glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel. I hope if your travels bring you back to our area, you do think of us.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Jackie and Karen were so friendly and helpful each morning. They had warm smiles and made sure everything was clean and inviting. Thank you for making morning breakfast and coffee so pleasant!

We were in town for a family wedding and so booked quite a few rooms in the hotel. The location is close to local attractions as well.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
GM-CISC, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am so glad you Jackie and Karen were helpful to you, they are valuable members of our team. We hope if your travels bring you back to our area, you think of us.