“Wonderful Famous Place to Eat”

Longfellow's Wayside Inn
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Sudbury
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Longfellow's Wayside Inn is a unique part of the historic landscape of Massachusetts, and the oldest operating American Inn. Featuring an authentic building style and traditional New England food, we offer the ideal location for romantic nights out, banquets, family events, company parties, and weddings. Our menu provides exceptional quality at great value, including hearty portions and seasonal foods. We encourage our guests to spend a day with us, touring the serene and historic grounds, enjoying a drink in our 300-year old Tavern, and settling in for dinner in one of our historic rooms. We have an open patio in the warmer months, and lit fireplaces through winter.
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Family and friends had lunch here. The atmosphere is great and the food wonderful. The day was rather chilly and going into the dining room was very nice. The inn opened in 1716 so if you are looking for "old" this is the place for you. The inn is actually part of a complex that includes some other older buildings looking much as they might have in the past. You may want to plan on taking some time to walk around. The food was well priced and did not seem too expensive. There is plenty of free parking in a lot across the street. Not too far of a walk.

I would definitely recommend this place to others.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This 2 reviews, so please read it all. Wife and I had dinner there one night before a wedding reception. For the dinner, we sat on the patio and enjoyed the evening. We had the grilled swordfish, wife had the green beans and baked potato, I had the pureed butternut squash, and baked potato. Swordfish was grilled just right, and was lite and flaky on the inside. The butternut squash was good, but I would rather have it roasted.
Daughter and partner had their wedding reception there. About 50 people total. We were in a room upstairs with our own bartender and wait staff. The happy hour food was typical, cheese and vegetable trays. We had 4 different menu options that the guest selected from ahead of time. All of the food came out together, was correct, and was hot. It also include a selection of hot rolls. They did all of this while there was a larger reception downstairs with band, and a really big reception outside with a tent. This was a nice time.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We are never disappointed - my favorite place to go - my husband and I even got married there.....we recently visited to celebrate my in-law's 50th anniversary. The staff is so pleasant! We really didn't care for the room they had us in because it was a "walk-through" to other rooms and it was busy. The food was fantastic. I like that you can sit and enjoy your dinner without feeling rushed.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I grew up about a mile from the Wayside Inn and it was my parents' go-to restaurant for many an occasion. I did not get the chance to frequent the Inn for over a couple decades but have eaten there four or five times in the past few years.
Breakfast in The Tavern, lunch in various rooms and dinner in the main dining room were all great. The various rooms are part of the Inn's unique charm. This is definitely not nouvelle cuisine but wonderful classics wonderfully prepared in an historic setting that is difficult to match.Seafood dishes are as fresh as in any seaside location you could find.
If you can't alter your dining habits now and then to visit a restaurant that is definitely not cookie cutter AND is part of American history - there are plenty of chains that are redundantly repetitive in terms of settings and food. Sadly, you are missing something altogether unique. The Inn itself, its many rooms, nooks and crannies, the grounds and the nearby Grist Mill, Chapel and School House are as real deal Americana as you will ever find.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I went to Utah again Aug.1-14,2017 to visit my sister and her growing family. There is no need for me to stay at hotels because they have plenty of room. We went to the county fair which I always enjoy because we take the little kids. Olympic Park in Park City is still functioning with all kinds of activities including zip lines, hiking, tubing on the ski jumps,etc. There is also a museum about the Winter Olympics.
If you like the great outdoors, visit Antelope Island -- you will see antelope and a lot of buffalo and the scenery is wonderful! There are a lot of lakes! We went to Rockport Lake north of SLC. It was so peaceful and relaxing and once again, the scenery was beautiful! The view from the huge copper mine should not be missed. All of these places are within 1-1 1/2 hrs. from Sandy where my sister lives. Utah is a big state-- there is a lot more to see!