“Great!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2012

One of our coworkers was always raving about this place, but the yelp reviews always made us worry. When we got a groupon, we figured it was about time. We went on a Tues night around 630ish and got a seat in the bar area right away - we seemed to be underdressed compared to the other diners, but just fine for what we thought the place warranted. We must have been lucky from what the other reviews reflect...our waitress was great and attentive!

The hummus they served before the meal was great and really smooth - I had to force myself to stop eating to make sure I had room for the meal! My mojito was also really good. We ordered the calamari and the duck egg rolls. The calamari was good, but the peppers served with it were great. I also loved the egg rolls - I would order these again in a heartbeat. For the meal, I got the lobster pizza which I loved. I don't like blue cheese, and was suspicious of fig jam, but the flavors all came together really well. (One note: it's not good leftover. I popped it in the oven to eat the leftovers and wasn't a fan!) My bf got the special of the swordfish chop which was recommended by the server. He LOVED it. Like, in his top 5 meals ever loved it. It was served with mashed potato and carrots - small portion of sides, but he isn't a big 'sides' person so it was perfect for him.

Overall a great meal - maybe it's all in what you order here and which server you get, in which case we hit the jackpot. We got another groupon b/c of the positive experience and hope the next trip will be just as good!

Reviewed 17 March 2012

They serve the best mussels on an ale broth- they were so fresh and tender. My husband got the seafood platter and the shrimp, fish, scallops and clams were all fresh and sweet. French fries were nicely seasoned, crunchy on the outside but tender inside.Prices are not to steep either for the food and service you get. The view of the ocean was a plus. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Nice spot on the ocean. Specials are a good value, but drinks are much too pricey.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

A 4-star Bistro with a Gourmet “fair food” menu.That is not the only reason to go to Red Rock. If you are up for oysters / sliders the dining staff will recommend what is best for your pallet. The drinks are hand shaken. If you want to take mom for the perfect Whiskey sour or your son in law for a margarita, this is the best place North of Boston. You will forget the priceless view as you enjoy food and drinks.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Red Rock Bistro has THE location in this neck of the woods. Great views of Boston across the water with waves crashing in on the rocks below. The decor is great, animal prints in abundance. The "happening" bar is huge and well-placed above the table area-also with great views. The drinks are great and generous, although expensive. Several times a week there is music in the bar and it sets the place up for meet and greet fun.
The food, on the other hand, is pretty much over-priced and not at all as gourmet as they would like to think. I usually stick to a jumbo shrimp cocktail and a Bistro salad. The hummos and bread and the scallops are good as well as the pizza. Some like the fried seafood. The $10 specials are an inexpensive way to eat in this location. The level of service is inconsistant and, considering the price, the management is surprisingly unaccomodating about issues with the food. Despite all that, we still come here and sit at the bar for a lite bite and bring people from out of town here because of the location, especially for brunch in the summer when you can eat outside.