“ice cream and seafood”
Review of The Star Drive In

The Star Drive In
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Taunton
Reviewed May 22, 2016

had lunch with daughter and her husband and son. wife and daughter had the grill linquica sandwich with add on of grill onions, mushrooms and also peppers. a split sausage on a grilled roll, served with fries. they said it was very good, looked good. grandson had usual chicken finger and fries. son in law had the chicken club with fries but the sandwich was consumed so fast that I did not even seen it, I had the fried clams, a bit thick on the coating, nice taste, briny. nice size and cooked well. fries was bought from the major fries company, was just ok. had ice cream after. very good. son in law had a large on a bowl came out in a pint clear plastic container and full. and the small was maybe 8 oz. star diner offer different theme nights, old motorcycle night, old car night and Jeep nights. small and tight dining area inside but there are picnic tables out side, or you can eat in your car. wide variety from seafood, sandwiches to Italian and pizza.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

We have been getting ice cream here for a long time, and under the old ownership we would grab quick food like a calzone for the kids occasionally. Mom & Dad were not impressed enough to order. Since the new owner took over, I have been impressed by what I have seen in social media and in their parking lot. Business has picked up quite a bit and that says a lot.Owner is also very attentive to customer feedback and really wants to serve the best possible food for a fair price.

After far too long of hearing about the seafood at The Star Drive In, I finally ordered. Did not disappoint. I had the fish & chip platter. It was a good sized serving, but was so tasty, I ate it all. Came with fries and slaw. Fries were just your average fries. Cooked nicely. Slaw had good flavor. We also got buffalo chicken and a burger. Both were very good. The thing I noticed right away is the take out containers used. They use the paper containers that absorb the steam rather than holding it in like the cheap (and bad for the environment) foam to go boxes many places use.

Seafood is ordered locally and as much as possible is purchased fresh daily.

We will continue to order from here, as the attention to getting it right is there!

My only bit of advice is to expect a wait even after your time. This has been said by many. I ordered mid afternoon so lunch was over, dinner had not started. They told me 15 minutes. I was coming in from out of town and it took me 25+ to get there. My food was just being bagged when I got there. They do a very steady take out business and with a small kitchen pumping out high volume, only so many orders can be done at a time. It is worth the extra time.

Also, disregard any menu you see online. I tried to look up the online menu and it was the old menu from the old owners with their prices and offerings.

Reviewed February 25, 2016 via mobile

I saw on the Internet fish +chips $8.oo so I figured I would stop by and give the place a try for lunch. When I got there I was greeted by a blackboard with the seafood specials of the day, guess what fish and chips $14.95 what a rip off. Plus got to eat in a no atmosphere drafty joint with plastic forks and knifes. Never again will they see the likes of my face again. I highly recommend to stay away from this joint.

1  Thank Antone D
Reviewed February 23, 2016 via mobile

Decided to try the Star Drive In an old favorite of ours, since it just opened for the season. I ordered the fried clam platter and it was great! Tasty whole belly fried clams, not greasy and great French fries. We definitely will be back.

1  Thank keetlady
Reviewed September 13, 2015 via mobile

Sorry, just requested our money back after watching the young man who was preparing food go outside, have a cigarette and then return to preparing food without washing his hands or putting on gloves. No thanks.

1  Thank Countrykids01