“Good Chinese food, great sushi!”

Hong Kong City Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 126 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2016

This is the only place around d to get sake aburi, it'seems salmon that is torched with avacado and eel sauce-yummy. All there sushi rolls and sashimi is fresh and delicious. Their sushi chefs are right on top of it. Their shrimp with scallions and give Germany is exceptional. They have a full bar, drinks are good and reasonable. They even have private rooms for business or large groups. Try to get there every other month or so.

Reviewed May 17, 2016

I enjoyed having lunch with my family, today, at one of our very favorite restaurants, Hong Kong City!!! Our server always greets us with a smile and takes good care of us throughout our entire meal. The food is always fresh and delicious!!! It fits our budget with prices so reasonable and we are always served a generous portion of food. The complimentary pot of tea is always appreciated at the beginning of our meal along with the fortune cookies at the end. We also enjoy the sushi as it is quite fresh and flavorful. The specialty drinks are also fun and presented so interestingly. We've been dining in this restaurant for many years and have never had a bad experience. We plan to come back soon and look forward to another great dining experience!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2016

The food is not great, but it is fresh and good. The service is always good and for a large group (7+ people) the price is very good. It is not a buffet, much better quality.

Reviewed February 10, 2016

Mostly order take-out food from this restaurant but also have eaten in many, many times. The food has always been excellent. The personnel very helpful and courteous.

Reviewed January 8, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant does not accomodate any dietary restrictions, allergies or food sensitivities. They flat out told me that every single menu item has dairy and that they would not omit it. That can't even be possible....there IS NOT dairy in every Asian dish....I am pretty sure it's not even in MOST Asian dishes. When I asked about the ingredients in specific dishes they wouldn't disclose them, just saying there is dairy in everything. I asked, what kind? Milk, butter, cheese? And they wouldn't tell me. Soooo....we just won't ever order from them. There are countless restaurants with excellent food and service I'd rather give my money to.

2  Thank Rachel A