“Great Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

Kyoto has a huge sushi menu and they are all fresh and very good especially the soft shell crab. In addition they have a nice menu of Chinese and Japanese dishes. I love their Tempura and their fried rice. Personnel are extremely friendly and helpful. If driving by on Rt 38 give them a try.

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

This is "The place " for sushi. Spotlessly clean with very friendly personnel is also a big plus but order lots of sushi here as it is all superb. My favorite is the shrimp tempura sushi, which is a good size portion and delish. Everything else on their menu is tops also. Kyoto is simply Faboto!

Reviewed July 14, 2017

It was a little surprising to walk into this place for a Wednesday date night to be met with Guns 'n Roses blasting in the bar area, which was standing room only full of young blue collar men sipping on scorpion bowls. Here for sushi, we were seating the the dining area (not hibachi section, which was not visible), which was small and provided a direct view of the bar. Fortunately, we love the rock 'n roll that was playing and found a lot of humor in the cast of characters that were at the bar. My husband and I were the only ones in the dining area, which was nice. Service was fast and very helpful. We were very surprised to see how up to date their menu was, which clearly indicated gluten free options- this was a very nice surprise! The food was delicious. My husband ordered the Sashimi deluxe, which was super fresh and delivered with beautiful presentation. My spicy tuna rolls were some of the best I have ever had, though I thought the Boston rolls were a little skimpy. Overall, however, the food was delicious and service was great. We will be back!

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

Pleasant wait staff. Nice variety of food. Good sushi. Friendly local bar atmosphere which was unexpected. The hibachi is always fun.

Reviewed May 21, 2017

My wife and I decided to take out our daughter and grandson to a different dining experience. We took our grandson to an hibachi restaurant a couple of years ago and he seemed to really enjoy himself. Kyoto restaurant in Tewksbury was rated fairly high on Tripadvisor, so we made reservations for a Thursday evening.
Our grandson is 12 years old. From the time we sat down and the chef came out to start his routine, juggling his cooking utensils, until the dinner was over, my grandson had the biggest smile.
All meals come with soup and salad, a shrimp appetizer and choice of rice. You also get vegetables and noodles. The price is based on your main choice. I had calamari, my wife chose shrimp and chicken, my daughter chicken and my grandson salmon. He said it was the best salmon he ever ate.
The food was very good and the experience entertaining. My back was to the dining room and after dinner, when we got up to leave, I looked around and the room was completely full of diners, over half families with children.
It was nice to see other families enjoying this dining experience.

Been to Kyoto Japanese Steak House? Share your experiences!