The 1720 House
Mansion House(Vineyard Haven)
US$369
US$286
Summercamp Hotel(Oak Bluffs)(Great Value!)
US$339
Treehouse Lodge(Woods Hole)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$246
Official Site
Sands Of Time Motor Inn & Harbor House(Woods Hole)(Great Value!)
US$309
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
US$429
US$351
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$395/night.

Beach Breeze Inn(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$269
Official Site
The Seaside Inn(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$229
Thorncroft Inn(Vineyard Haven)
Priceline
Hanover House(Vineyard Haven)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgarden roomlincoln roombeech treeyellow roomyogurtmartha's vineyardbreakfast tablemain streetantique furnishingslovely bed and breakfastsparkling cleanposter bedblack dog tavernair conditioningcommon areaswalking distanceferry terminal
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The 1720 House is a very special place. The service is wonderful...a lot of extras such as beach umbrellas and picnic baskets and even some fruit packed for us by the owner.
The rooms are lovely and the breakfast quite fresh, organic coffee, local dairy products and generous portions. Location could not be closer to a beach and town. We adored Cheryle for her good humor and gracious manner. And Abby the owner and Bella the wonderful housekeeper.
A great vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice and immaculate
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank welltravelled6401
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I had great recommendations for cultural events on the island. Would never have found the special places I enjoyed without the good advice from the inn. My yellow room converted to twins and came with a newly finished private bath. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Versant
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I just got back from my stay at the 1720 House. The B&B is centrally located, which is great and makes it easy to find. We stayed in the American "Red" Room, which is easily identifiable by the abundance of American flags. It was supposed to have a private bath, but it was located across/ down the hall so I would use that term loosely. The bed was comfortable though and the room was quiet.

We read previous reviews and the owner's rebuttal. While the owner states she doesn't smoke in response to a comment on the house smelling of smoke, I most certainly saw her dragging away on cigarettes outside the house and assumed she was a smoker from her voice on the phone. To her credit though, the house did not smell of smoke (or at least where I went). However, I would agree with the general complaints on her as a business owner. She is abrasive and doesn't create a warm, inviting feeling (laying across the sofa with her feet on it, making the room awkward to walk through). She barks orders at the weird cleaning lady and even guests ("move your bags from the living room" - umm we were told to put them there hours ago, perhaps you should move them as a courtesy). The other woman is nice though

The continental breakfast is just that. The coffee had a metalic taste and it wouldn't hurt anyone to put out some hard boiled eggs, salmon or cold meats for my $250 a night.

Don't be fooled by the claim that they have bikes - my friend had to rent a bike and, luckily I brought my own. The 3 or 4 bikes they did have were unrideable. One had a tire that had been flat for a long time, the other had something rubbing against the tire and another had back breaks and seemed really old. They didn't make you feel safe, so renting is a better option.

Upon request, we were provided with a hair dryer. While we appreciated being able to use a dryer, we couldn't because it smelled awful and I would rather have wet hair.

I wouldn't run back here and it may not be my first chioce, but I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank rinmo04
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Abby and her staff were wonderful and welcoming. They helped with recommendations and the Inn was cozy and conveniently located to down town. We were very happy we choose the 1720 House for our honeymoon.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This was our first trip to Martha's Vineyard and my daughter and I stayed at the 1720 House. When the taxi van drove by the address, my daughter wished it was this house as it was beautiful on the outside. When we got inside, it was very nice and comfortable with a very cute Americana look to it!!!!! Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

It was walking distance from the town of Vineyard Haven, with a number of restaurants and the car rental place right there!

To be honest, when I read a couple comments on Trip Advisor about the owner Abby, I was leery and on guard! As it turned out, she was very nice and bent over backwards to make sure we were happy with everything and told us some of the nicer sights to see. Being the owner of the place, I felt she didn't have to do that. She went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable and felt at home. I am planning on staying here in the future! Thanks Abby for everything!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family