“Great Breakfast Experience”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed December 28, 2017

We chose the Art Cliff Diner because of the TA reviews and an article we read that this was Carly Simon's favorite place to have breakfast in Vineyard Haven. A small establishment with limited parking, but well worth the challenges. We were greeted nicely and seated promptly even though there were little or no tables free. The staff did a great job of turning the tables over and keeping up with demand. Our waitress was attentive, informative and cordial. I don't know why I noticed, but she made great eye contact. My wife enjoyed a three egg omelet with Chorizo, Avocado and Cheddar. You can choose your own three ingredients from their list in any three egg omelet. With the potatoes and toast it was too much for her to finish. Nice portions. I enjoyed the Irish Breakfast. I chose my eggs over easy with the potato pancakes and Irish Bacon. Nicely prepared and delivered. My only warning is because of the size of the restaurant if you are near the entrance (which opens and closes more than you would imagine) you will get a cold draft then it opens. On the particular day we visited the wind chill was in the single digits. Overall a great experience and we will definitely return when visiting MV.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Went early for breakfast. Good idea as this is not a giant sized place. What is lacking in size is made up in quality.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Be prepared to wait but this is the best island breakfast. Dishes are delicious and creative. You can go for the basics, or be more daring. The scones are fabulous and folks are friendly.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Simple place for a wonderful breakfast, but you must be early, as there is almost always a line waiting during the season. Always with wonderful specials.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere and excellent food! Must do on MVY. I loved the food, the grilled cheese is amazing!