“Gem Off The Beaten Path”

Woodland Variety & Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

If I lived here, this would be my new sandwich and more hangout. I just ate a giant, delicious cheeseburger and my wife a cod sandwich. This is a neat, off the beaten path, "joint." Definetly would return.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

I found this “grill” by TripAdvisor before going to Martha’s Vineyard. I wanted to try it bc I read its more of a local hang out and they were giving 5 star reviews. The 5 star reviews were absolutely correct. Great burgers! Nice place but not fancy. It was what I imagined reading the reviews. Will be back.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

I love Woodland. I work on the Vineyard 5 days a week, and this is the only place I would touch for lunch in Vineyard Haven during the high tourism season. They consistently have great lunch specials, at very reasonable prices, and (this is the top reason for me as I only have a set amount of time to take my lunch break) the food is ready in a very short time. While there are other fancier places in town, and certainly ones which are more "Vineyard" famous (I'm looking at you Black Dog) Woodland is a much better choice for me during the summer rush.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

Not a fancy place to eat but the owner continually improved the atmosphere with new tables and such. Good burgers, breakfasts etc. A very popular place for Martha's Vineyard locals. Being there gives you a sense of the Vineyard culture. Good place to go.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

This is definitely a locals place. There are construction people there as well as office workers. The burgers are out of this world. The breakfast sandwiches are hearty and delicious.