“Very Rude Service!!”
Review of Scottish Bakehouse

Scottish Bakehouse
Reviewed October 3, 2018

I went with my brother because this was our mothers favorite spot on Martha's Vineyard. I had been earlier in the summer there are 2 registers and I was told I was in wrong line. I was told one register is for bakery items the other register is for ordering food. We went in it was not busy we stood at food ordering register, there was a girl at other register reading. We stood there for 5-6 minutes before she finally said in a nasty tone if you want service you need to come to this register. We did order a sandwich which was good. I was appalled at how rude she was, my brother was trying to make small talk to see if he could get her to smile. She was just plain rude and nasty! She should be assigned out back with no contact with the customer.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

We live on the Vineyard and understand tourist-area hype. We stop into the Scottish Bakery every once in a while after the memory of the previous visit fades.

But...every visit just confirms that this is simply an overrated bakery. Go to Stop & Shop and save yourself money while getting better quality products.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Think hippie, commune food. I had a chicken stir fry - fatty little bits of chicken, white rice SOAKED in soy, gross big chunks of broccoli and carrots. Sides ( 2 for $12) were beyond bad. The slaw was a couple of slices of lettuce, cabbage and pea shoots (only decent thing), maybe an ounce in total. Overall horrible food. If you must stop there, maybe stick to baked goods.????

Reviewed August 24, 2018

While the food is good, the service is not. The staff at the Scottish Bakehouse are without a doubt the worst, most inept fools I have ever come across. After placing an order for pickup, I arrived three minutes before the order was supposed to be ready (they told me the time) to find that not only was my order not ready, but I would have to wait 20 minutes. After waiting for 20 minutes I was told that my order would be next up. By this time the store had already closed, and after two more people got their orders (the last two) I was told that my order actually hadn't gone through. The staff was useless, unapologetic, and generally unhelpful. They do not know how to run a business, they do not know how to behave in an appropriate manner befitting good customer service. They then had the gall to ask me if I wanted a refund, as if that was even a question. "No, actually I want to pay for food I didn't get, and two hours spent not getting dinner elsewhere." I have come into this restaurant frequently and this is not the first time that I have experienced terrible service, but it is most certainly the last. This is the restaurant for you if you like having your time wasted while you get eaten by bugs.

2  Thank anustart251
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

They had really kool stickers for free . There was zero interesting about this place, except for sky high prices and bored servers who must be in snowflake hell. The kitchen staff seems to be scrambling to keep up, the wait times for mediocre expensive sandwiches doesn’t really work for me . I’ll get some sliced meat and slap it on a baguette. I was looking for something uniquely good, for Scottish or even a bakery. Even the art on the wall was way overpriced .