“Exceptional Shuttle Service”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I have been staying at the Embassy Suites in Waltham periodically since beginning a new job for a company headquartered in waltham (I live out-of-state). Everything in the hotel is up to or exceeding expectations, but the shuttle service, especially Jimmy, one of the shuttle drivers is truly exceptional.

Thank you for making my stay so much more enjoyable !

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
DoubletreeWalthamGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Greg,
I want to thank you for writing such wonderful comments on your experiences at the Embassy Suites Boston Waltham. On behalf of the entire team, I am so happy to read that we exceed you expectations! We truly strive for this experience with every guest, every day and it is great to read that we accomplished our mission! Thank you for specifically recognizing Jimmy . . . I have to agree, he is exceptional!!
The entire team will continue to look forward to your next visit to the Embassy Suites Boston Waltham.
All the best,

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Have stayed at this hotel for a few weeks, very friendly staff. The rooms are very nice, recently updated with comfortable beds. I find the rooms with double beds to have small beds, granted they are a double I believe thats smaller than a full but bigger than a twin but I could be wrong. I made the mistake of booking that room for a week and they were unable to relocate me, it was horrible!!!! I have found that depending on who checks you in the more accommodating they are, Joe is fantastic, some of the other front desk staff could learn from him!! Room service is quick , and the morning breakfast always hits the spot. The lady who greets you at the restaurant is especially friendly. It is an atrium style hotel (in true Embassy fashion) so it tends to be noisy however once in your suite bedroom you can't hear anything. The pool area is clean and very good size for a mostly business hotel. They have had some issues with the fire alarm, its gone off twice during my times here (once at 230am - not fun) I hope they work out the tweaks. Overall I have been very pleased with this hotel, and the staff gets a 9 out of 10 for friendliness (really only 1 person who I had an issue with) will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear BP545,
I appreciate the time you have taken to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to read we were unable to accommodate your request for a King-size bed but I am certain our staff has and will do everything possible to fulfill your request moving forward. I am especially appreciative of your recognition of Joe and the team. In addition, my team and I are fully aware of the two fire alarms that occurred in the month of February and we have identified and addressed the cause of the alarms and our new, state-of –the-art Fire-Life Safety system is functioning at 100%.
BP545, If there is anything that I can assist you with in your future visits to the Embassy Suites Boston Waltham, I hope you will not hesitate to contact me directly.
We all look forward to your next visit!
Fond Regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed here for a conference back in November and was thoroughly impressed with the experience. The room was extremely spacious and well appointed for the price I paid to stay in it. Nightly free snacks and beverages were also a nice, much appreciated touch. Room service was good. I believe they offer free breakfast, but I had that at the conference site & did not get to try it. Overall, it was a great experience and I can't recall any major issues with my stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear carolgb328,
The entire team at the Embassy Suites Boston Waltham thanks you for your positive comments. We are very satisfied to know that we provided you an “impressive” experience; It is what we strive for every day, for every guest! We are sorry to read that you did not have the opportunity to enjoy our Complimentary Cooked to Order Breakfast which is indeed included in all guestroom rates. Perhaps you can enjoy this upon your next visit to our hotel.
Best regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stay at the Embassy Suites in Waltham at least once a month for work. The lounge area is very comfortable and has a zen-like quality for a hotel. The gym is very nice to have - although I haven't used the pool just yet. Most of all the staff has always made me feel welcome and I really rely on their shuttle service to get me to and from my appointments in town. The hotel and restaurant staff are very accommodating and have helped me out with directions, taxis etc on a many occasions. Every one of the drivers has been extremely pleasant and very reliable, especially Jimmy! I'll continue to stay with the Embassy Suites in the days to come - thanks!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Parkerism,
On behalf of the entire team, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Rest assured, we take the time to review all guest feedback in the effort to ensure our guests have a great hotel experience. It is fantastic to know that we accomplished this goal for you on a consistent basis. In addition, we have already celebrated your review with our entire team at a recent meeting, celebrating your recognition of the hotel and restaurant team and special recognition went out to Jimmy!
Thank you again and we all look forward to your next and frequent visits to the Waltham area.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel quite near our home because we were having some issues at our condo with noise and wanted a couple of nights of peace and quiet. Overall the Embassy Suites provided just that. The rooms are nicely, if generically, appointed, and the "suite" set up works quite well with a living room, hallway, and totally separate bedroom that, with its door closed, was as quiet, dark, and sleep-inducing as could be. Other plusses:
- The daily breakfast buffet including an omelet station was quite plentiful and impressive
- The staff were generally friendly and helpful
- The pool was fabulous for swimming laps, clean, and rarely had many people in it
- This is a clean, relatively newly renovated hotel

There were a few minuses:
- Because the hotel is an "atrium-style" lay-out, our second night when a LARGE number of families with adolescents were staying there for a nearby gymnastics competition, the noise of packs of pre-teen girls and boys running around the halls and lobby level made for lots of echoing sound. The staff tried to quiet them down around 9:00, and truly once we went into our bedroom, we could not hear them anyway, but just be aware that this place gets busy on the weekend and the noise from the central public areas does penetrate the outer livingroom space in the suites due to the atrium design.

- On Saturday morning we arrived at 10:10 for breakfast that was supposedly served until 10:30, and were immediately told by the person at the maitre d' spot that "you know breakfast ends at 10:30, right?" as if we had better be out of there by 10:30. As we waited in line for our omelets, we watched them starting to pack up food, and by 10:30, even the coffee urns were gone. While we understand the need to wind down the breakfast within a reasonable timeframe, this rush to clear us out and close up shop seemed unfortunate and, rankly, hard to understand given that the restaurant space does not even serve lunch on weekends.

Overall this hotel has a lot to offer with some good pricing, especially on weekends. We had no trouble when we requested a late check-out, and we were able to find far more we liked about the hotel than anything we didn't like.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor to stay away from the bar and atrium noise. If you really want to be...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear RinfromMA,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review of the Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham. On behalf of the entire team, we pleased to know that we provided to you and your husband a positive hotel experience. In addition, we also appreciate your constructive observations regarding our Atrium Style hotel and the impact of a periodic youth group may have at the hotel. That said, our security and management team will always and effectively respond to our guest’s concerns ensuring all of our guest have an enjoyable stay. Since your response has been posted, I have also addressed your observation of the operating hours of our Complimentary Cooked to Order Breakfast and have clarified that we will stop seating at 10:30 and offer the same great product at 10:30am that we did at, for example, 8:00am.
Once again, thank you so much for choosing the Embassy Suites Boston Waltham and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Embassy Suites in Waltham. We used this hotel as a way to stay in the Boston area while looking at colleges, but without paying the HUGE price for a downtown hotel. This hotel served our needs very well. It is very attractive inside, with a atrium that goes all the way up to the top floor (eight floors, as I recall). There is a large gathering area on the first floor where you can get a drink, or enjoy the complimentary heavy hors-d'oevres (spelling?) before your real dinner. The business center is large and modern, and you can always get onto a PC to get some work done without waiting for others to log off. Very nice!

The only bad part about our stay was a malfunction that the hotel experienced in their alarm system, which resulted in a full-blown fire alarm at 10:30 PM that night. We were already asleep, and had to evacuate the building, along with all the other guests. However, I wouldn't hold this against them, as they did have a new alarm system that just happened to have a malfunction. They were very polite about it, and the firemen let us back in as quickly as possible.

The staff here is very friendly, and the complimentary breakfast was GREAT. We enjoyed our stay here, and would gladly return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Larry W
DoubletreeWalthamGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear Larry,
My staff and I appreciate your positive remarks about your experience at the Embassy Suites Waltham.
On the other hand, I was not very happy to read that you had to experience our Fire Alarm activation. For this, I truly apologize for this interruption and inconvenience. Although this is a state-of-the art, newly installed system, it did detect a faulty switch that unfortunately triggered the system. We have taken the necessary steps through our certified Fire/Life Safety contractor to make the necessary repair to ensure this type of alarm will not occur again. In addition, we do take this opportunity to review our procedures to ensure the team reacted to the situation appropriately and we feel confident our associates on property handled the situation thoroughly and professionally.
Larry, thanks again and we look forward to your next visit to Waltham.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My family of four spent three nights at the Embassy Suites Waltham over the President's Day weekend. The hotel is well located close to the intersection of the Mass Pike and 128 -- just a short hop into Boston and convenient to points north and south.. The rooms are in good condition, and the facilities are outstanding for a hotel of this category -- spacious, well-equipped exercise room, and a very nice indoor pool with large jacuzzi. Also plenty of free parking. The included breakfast (great deal for a family of four at an $89 rate) was among the best we've seen, with all of the usual items plus a cook-to-order omlette and pancake bar. The rooms are a bit smaller than one would normally expect of an Embassy Suites, possibly emblematic of the facility's roots as a Double Tree. Overall a strong showing and a hotel to which we would gladly return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tristate_Traveler001

Dear Tristate_Traveler001,
On behalf of the entire team at the Embassy Suites Waltham, I would like to thank you very much for expressing your positive experience with our hotel. We all are extremely glad to know that we provided you and your family everything that you expected when choosing a hotel.
We look forward to serving you and your family in the very near future.
All the best,