Generally I don't like "residence-like" hotels, but I prefer "hotel-like" hotels :)
The room seems like an apartment, there is even a very little kitchen point, but with just fridge and microwave oven.
Anyway, the bedroom was top, the bed super-confortable, plenty of space.
The living room was huge too and furnished with real wood cabinets and tables: very chic and modern. It seemed more like an work office than a living-room. I spent max 5 minutes in the living room during my 10 days stay.
The bathroom was ok.
Air conditioning was very very noisy. I turned it off, the temperature was ok anyway.
About breakfast. Well, I come from Italy and I'm used to have business trips all over Europe. I can affirm for sure that American breakfast is not even near the level of European breakfast.
If you want to stay light, it is not possible. Light ingredients are not available at all. The idea of the omelette is very great, but the resulting omelette is greasy and overcharged. Ingredients can be chosen by customers from a long list, and customers tend to ask every single ingredient to be put in their omelette: so quantity at the expense of quality. Why isn't the cook proposing just 3 or 4 different omelettes? And: is it important to do the omelette just-in-time?
About dinner. I had dinner twice at the Hotel, first time it was the most salty chicken wings I ever ate in my life, I couldn't even finish the first one. Second time I asked for the easiest dish in the menu: fish and chips, and it was not so bad.
So maybe It's me who is particularly demanding, but the way kitchen is managed and the menu can be improved.
Something great: the cocktail bar and the barista. I've had one of my best Martini cocktail of my life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham located in Boston’s High-Technology, Pharmaceutical, and Life Sciences Belt and corporate corridor along Route 128 and Highway 95. Our upscale hotel is just 20 minutes to downtown Boston and 25 minutes to Logan International Airport, convenient to Brandeis and Bentley Universities, Wellesley and Regis Colleges. If you’re traveling to Boston on business or vacation, enjoy spacious two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and a complimentary nightly Manager’s Reception. Plan your business conference, reunion, Bar Mitztvah, or wedding in one of our nine meeting and banquet rooms which can accommodate up to 300 guests. Enlist our experienced catering and meeting staff to plan a memorable event. Our all-suite hotel provides you with more. Enjoy signature omelets at our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary parking, a 24-hour BusinessLink Business Center, indoor heated pool, and 24-hour fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham Hotel Waltham
- Doubletree Hotel Boston Waltham