“It was for business, I felt like at home”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Generally I don't like "residence-like" hotels, but I prefer "hotel-like" hotels :)
The room seems like an apartment, there is even a very little kitchen point, but with just fridge and microwave oven.
Anyway, the bedroom was top, the bed super-confortable, plenty of space.
The living room was huge too and furnished with real wood cabinets and tables: very chic and modern. It seemed more like an work office than a living-room. I spent max 5 minutes in the living room during my 10 days stay.
The bathroom was ok.
Air conditioning was very very noisy. I turned it off, the temperature was ok anyway.

About breakfast. Well, I come from Italy and I'm used to have business trips all over Europe. I can affirm for sure that American breakfast is not even near the level of European breakfast.
If you want to stay light, it is not possible. Light ingredients are not available at all. The idea of the omelette is very great, but the resulting omelette is greasy and overcharged. Ingredients can be chosen by customers from a long list, and customers tend to ask every single ingredient to be put in their omelette: so quantity at the expense of quality. Why isn't the cook proposing just 3 or 4 different omelettes? And: is it important to do the omelette just-in-time?

About dinner. I had dinner twice at the Hotel, first time it was the most salty chicken wings I ever ate in my life, I couldn't even finish the first one. Second time I asked for the easiest dish in the menu: fish and chips, and it was not so bad.

So maybe It's me who is particularly demanding, but the way kitchen is managed and the menu can be improved.

Something great: the cocktail bar and the barista. I've had one of my best Martini cocktail of my life.

Room Tip: View is on the parking log anyway, so choice is not important
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed here for the weekend. It was an ideal location because it was affordable and not too far from Boston. The breakfast was excellent and had a lot of choices... Great omelette bar! The room was what we expected. Mini fridge worked really well! The staff was pleasant. The only reason they didn't get a perfect score is because there was no pool. When we made the reservation the pool was open...part of the reason I chose this hotel months ago. Although they updated the site and said there was no pool it still did no good as our reservation was already booked. Going to another place to get into the pool isn't exactly my idea of convenience.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for two nights on the 14th and 15th July. This hotel is very clean and tidy and accommodates families and business folk alike. Large comfortable rooms with a massive and comfy queen size bed. It accommodated two adults and a child comfortably. Leaving the teenager alone in the sofa bed again this is a double bed not as comfy as the main bed. It had two large led Tv's.

I just wish the website stated that the Pool isn't currently available due to renovations.

Top tip join.. HHonors for free WiFi in your room.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The Embassy Suites Waltham is a great hotel outside of Boston at a reasonable rate. They have free parking and the commute to Boston is only 20 minutes (unless it is rush hour traffic). It is located right off of I-90. They have a wonder Breakfast every morning with individually made omlettes.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank theresab733
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Any time I have to travel for work, I seek out an Embassy Suites. The rooms are always clean and inviting. The beds are comfortable, the lobby is beautiful, the free breakfast includes delicious made-to-order omelettes, the evening cocktail hour is awesome, and the staff is always pleasant. To top it off, they offer government per diem rates!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We came up to Boston for a long weekend and a wedding. We try to stay at a suite hotel when we travel so we picked the Embassy suites as it was nearby and well priced. The pros are typical of an Embassy Suites, clean rooms, great breakfast, large rooms and good location. The only complaint I have is that we picked the Embassy Suites as it had a nice pool, we get here and the pool is closed which was a bummer. They did have pool at the Westin and a club nearby but when we got to the Westin we couldn't get in to the pool as our cards didn't work and for a heated pool it was pretty cold. Otherwise nice stat but if you want a pool this place isn't it and there is no warning on the internet (hilton.com)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
PromptResponses, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. We are very glad to hear that you chose Embassy Suites and were able to enjoy the cleanliness and size of our suites, our complimentary breakfast, and our convenient location. I am sorry to see of the inconvenience of our pool being temporarily out of service, and we are upset to hear that the alternate pool facilities were not satisfactory during your use. Due to the last minute unexpected closing of the pool, our team made every effort to update our website and notify all future guests as soon as possible. We very much hope that you will stay with us again in the future, so that we can exceed your expectations with our service and updated accommodations.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Pool was out of order. Substitute arrangements of driving to another hotel/fitness club with wrong hours and wrong information. Front desk staff didn't seem to care much as hotel was full. Hotel was full of noise, that's for sure, management doing little to correct even after complaint

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
3  Thank B9570CQdouglass
Melvin R, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback from you most recent stay with us. I apologize for the service you received from our Guest Services team I assure you this is not usual from our staff. We are very sorry our staff gave you wrong information inregards to our pool accomadations off site as our indoors pool is currently undergoing renovations. I hope you would reconsider staying with us again in the future.