Needing to meet a client in the area, I booked the Embassy Suites in Waltham for one night. Wanting to treat myself a bit, I was looking forward to enjoying a two room suite, doing some work, and getting some rest. Upon arriving, I went to the front desk and was helped by a man who appeared like he would rather be somewhere else. After getting my key, I went to my room. Having stayed at Embassy Suites several times in the past, I knew what to expect (two room suite with a small kitchenette). While this hotel was similar to others I have been to, I was disappointed in the condition of the furniture. It appeared to be old and had not been updated in several years. The room was clean and the carpet appeared to be newer, just not the furniture (I was hoping to find a USB port since I could not find the charger for my phone). After unpacking, I started to get some work done until my next door neighbor arrived and started making a lot of noise by slamming his front door and turning his TV on full volume. After calling the front desk about the situation, I requested to be moved to another room. The front desk did so quickly after having another room cleaned up. I moved to the new room and did not have any noise problems after that.
Later than evening, I went to the advertised Happy Hour. There was a good selection of appetizers available but state laws restricted the hotel from giving away free alcohol (not the hotels fault). My concern with the Happy Hour was the Bartender who was not very helpful or nice...he was another individual on staff who looked like they did not want to be there).
The next morning, I enjoyed the free breakfast at the hotel and they had a lot of good choices (including made-to-order omelets). The only challenge was there were a lot of families that morning who were letting their kids run around the restaurant and making a mess. Again...this is not the hotel's fault....it just takes away from the experience.
Upon checkout, I had a good experience with the front desk staff who explained that they had a lot of out of town staff working at the hotel over the last few days since the hotel was short staffed. This may have explained the mixed response in customer service.
Overall, the hotel was ok but they need to update their furniture and keep their staff happy so that they are able to give great customer service. In the future, I will try and steer away from Embassy Suites while on a business trip since it appears to attract more families and others trying to get a deal rather than focusing on work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham located in Boston’s High-Technology, Pharmaceutical, and Life Sciences Belt and corporate corridor along Route 128 and Highway 95. Our upscale hotel is just 20 minutes to downtown Boston and 25 minutes to Logan International Airport, convenient to Brandeis and Bentley Universities, Wellesley and Regis Colleges. If you’re traveling to Boston on business or vacation, enjoy spacious two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and a complimentary nightly Manager’s Reception. Plan your business conference, reunion, Bar Mitztvah, or wedding in one of our nine meeting and banquet rooms which can accommodate up to 300 guests. Enlist our experienced catering and meeting staff to plan a memorable event. Our all-suite hotel provides you with more. Enjoy signature omelets at our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary parking, a 24-hour BusinessLink Business Center, indoor heated pool, and 24-hour fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham Hotel Waltham
- Doubletree Hotel Boston Waltham