“Wonderful food, poor service”
Review of Molana Restaurant

Molana Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Molana Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 114 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: Persian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here to eat to avoid the evening commute back home. The aromas were wonderful. The flavors magnificent, and they provided historical menus educating patrons on a piece of Persian history. Their baklava was also buttery, but still had good flavor. Unfortunately, we didn't have 20 minutes to wait for the bill, but we did. We didn't have 10 minutes after she cleared our table to ask about dessert, but we did. And after leaving an 18% tip (which I would not normally do with that service) the waitress actually approached me and told me that I didn't pay her 20%! I couldn't believe it! I gave her $2 extra dollars and left! The audacity. If it weren't for that final interaction, I would have considered returning next time I have a Persian craving outside Boston.

Reviewed August 1, 2016

Have dined here several times. Not the best but good enough to return. Was impressed with the Baghlia Pollo.
(Lamb shank that is boiled with onion etc.) My wife is Persian and her cooking impresses our guests.

1  Thank Aceinspector
Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

My first time to have Persian food. Great experience and the service was very nice. The waitress helped to make a selection. Great location and delicious.

Reviewed May 23, 2016 via mobile

I have been to Persian restaurants all over the world, some excellent and some quite horrible. Molana was a family resturant with a diverse menu and very nice and polite staff. The price was quite reasonable and the quality of food was very good. I would visit again, and hopefully soon.

1  Thank 47798MayT
Reviewed April 26, 2016

Never use the groupon for this restaurant. The food is good but the groupon offer is not worth. Restaurant charged me almost 25% plus service fees as tips by force. In the end I ended up paying more then I would have if I had not used the groupon.

1  Thank nahsaj