“Familiar, Feisty, and Friendly”
Review of Branch Line

Branch Line
Reserve with OpenTable
Branch Line is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in Watertown
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Branch Line is located at a corner of the old Arsenal in Watertown, In the old days, the US Army there designed and built weapons. In the contrary, today, entrepeneurs are building 'peaceful' establishments to bring people together for festive events. Branch Line is a restaurant that makes 'love' not 'war' through its original eclectic cousine. Entering, one is welcomed by a friendly staff and eyes project beyond the tables and to absorb the image of an old industrial warehouse seemingly extending to infinity over the open kitchen. The lines of this large wall image string you into the the place and make you feel connected. The restaurant is known as a rotisserie and brewery but when there, i prefer seafood and wine. In my most recent visit, with my companion, I shared a 'smoked mushroom risotto' and a "Grilled Atlantic Sword Fish." accompanied by glasses of Perrini Negroamaro 2016. The mushroom risotto swam in our mouths leaving a soft palate bitter sweet palate but lacked the warmth that I usually like to get from risotti (for, if too hot or too cold, they lose the balance obtained assimilating all the ingredients needed to enhance a durable palate. However, the Atlantic Swordfish simply inundated the taste buds with a fresh and delicately smooth passage. The organic wine from Puglia completed the transition with its rich aromas from local indigenous plants and herbs. {The wines at Branch Line are not the wines usually found in common restaurants. Going to Branch Line is an 'uncommon' experience. it is located a short from Boston and other surroundings lively towns. IF Tired of the usual taste, this is a place where to expand your dormant taste buds.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

$38 for a chicken, really? I could see if it included some sides but we had to order those a la carte. Was supposed to include bread, but even that we had to ask for. Other tables had bottle of tap water, our glasses were empty and we had to ask other staff passing by for water bottle for us to refill our glasses. Sides were small and greasy. The only positive things were the tomato and caesar salads. Sad to have wasted $200 on unsatisfactory meal, fooled by positive reviews.

1  Thank TennisLover85
Reviewed October 1, 2018

Went for dinner after Saturday matinee at New Rep. Very convenient as it is in same building. I had the 1/2 chicken, delicious but too much to finish. I asked the waiter if anyone eats the full order of chicken: answer was "not often". My wife had a crab appetizer and 1/2 salad, combined with picking at my chicken leftovers she had enough to eat. We arrived at 5:30 PM when the place was not crowded. By 6:30 Branch Line was packed so I am not sure how things would go if arriving later. My only negative was that our bill was messed up badly. We were charged for an adjoining table as well as our own. The mistake was obvious at a glance. The waiter had not bothered to look at the bill. After correcting the bill, we got a very casual apology without much interest. A little down-putting after an otherwise pleasant experience. Maybe a bit more waiter training is called for.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Most of the things on the menu are pretty similar to what I make at home, which is generally a good thing except that it makes me not want to order those things. Enter the wild rice risotto. Strong with mushrooms and bright with corn. I have a new dish to find a good recipe for.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Always a great meal here... a testimony to management... great staff, excellent service, great chow, great beer and wine program, nice atmosphere.

Tonight, the corn on the cob was a new and nice treat. Pork skewer app, snap pea salad (a must every visit), rotisserie chicken, all the sides... awesome!

Becoming a classic.