“It gets 2 stars because the people were nice”
Review of Vivian's Market Style Cafe - CLOSED

Vivian's Market Style Cafe
Price range: US$9 - US$11
Description: Home-style, fresh cooked food in a relaxed, casual atmosphere. Free WiFi and TV. Have a quick bite or a whole meal! We have a pretty extensive menu featuring a large Salad Bar with many Middle Eastern Salads. We serve Homestyle Meals, freshly Made Grinders, Wraps, Quesadillas, Burgers, Great Fries and Panini. On Thursday and Friday nights we offer a fresh All You Can Eat Chicken Dinner. Rotisserie Chicken, Rice Pilaf, Pasta, Fries, Salad and a Dinner Roll. You'll love it! We proudly serve fresh, one cup at a time, Coffee, Ice Cold Smoothies, Beer, Wine and a variety of Fountain and Bottled sodas, Snapple Iced Tea, Vitamin Water and More! Vivian's is also available for Private Parties on Saturday nights and Sundays, and for pick up catering anytime. Please call, stop in or email Vivian to begin planning your next event!
Reviewed January 26, 2018

We walked in to this place because we wanted breakfast and the other place down the street was just packed. We knew going in it was the wrong choice. We would have left but the lady was just really nice and we felt bad. So we stayed. I got my typical egg white ham and cheese omlette with wheat toast and a side of home fries and my boyfriend got a french toast sandwich thing. You know it's bad news when the lady goes "no one has ordered that in forever" to my boyfriend. The best part of my meal was the toast! Pretty sad. The home fries were extremely bland with absolutely no taste. I tried to add some salt and it did nothing for it so I loaded it up with ketchup. The egg was almost like a sandwich with actual deli ham in it rather than sliced up ham. You couldn't taste that there was egg or cheese in it. It also tasted like cheap ham or that the ham was old. My boyfriend thought his sandwich was terrible. He too said his meal was very bland. He added syrup to his meal also. We also didn't understand what they were trying to do. The place was overwhelming. They have way too much going on. Is it a cafeteria? Is it a diner? They just have too many options. Yes, the price was right. But, it was not good. We will not be back.

ViviansCafe, Owner at Vivian's Market Style Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2018

Sorry, I typed the response when I was informed of your review, and thought I submitted it, but it wasn't posted.

That being said, I did want to say thank you for taking the time to post the review - and for saying that we are nice! We find it important to treat people the way that we would like to be treated. I am, however, very sorry that you and your boyfriend did not enjoy your breakfast. I wish that you would have told me right away and I would have made you something else - really, I would have been happy to.

You did make me laugh with your statement "is it a cafeteria, is it a diner? Yes, we do have a lot going on here .... but the overall theme that your order is made fresh to order - the way that you like it. And, yes, we do have a lot of choices!

So, no excuses or explanations about the breakfast. You said that you wouldn't be back for breakfast, but how about coming in for lunch and maybe having a fresh grilled chicken wrap - you can split one - on me, and this time, please let me know exactly how you feel about it right away. Being nice is one thing that we strive for, but we do want our customers to enjoy their food - each and every time they visit. So please, come back and let us earn those 3 other stars!

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

I dont know but I just didn't care for the food.
The salads you get you pay by the pound whats that about it usally is part of the meal.
The chicken cabob was dry and to me didnt taste fresh
Sorry not for me.

1  Thank Michelle C
ViviansCafe, Owner at Vivian's Market Style Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Hi there Michelle, first I thank you for your review. Second, I am sorry that you found the chicken kebab dry .... It is cooked fresh to order, and I hope that I didn't over cook it. How about if you come in again and I'll make you another one? Please check our Facebook page or website to see when we'll have it on special next. The salad bar is "sold by weight" giving our customers the ability to get various sizes, and not always with a meal - this also allows us to keep our meal prices low. A salad is included with our chicken dinner buffet on Thursday and Friday nights -maybe you will try that one day? Thank you again for visiting Vivian's, and please, come in and try something else, and hopefully, we will earn your patronage!

Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

Good hm food, great atmosphere, really good prices!! Don't pass this one!! Great salad bar - very fresh!!

ViviansCafe, Owner at Vivian's Market Style Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2016

How nice of you! Thanking you for your kind words, and mention of our salad bar. It means so much to me that you took the time to tell others about us! Thank you so much! Vivian

Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

The menu has a wide selection of hot and cold sandwiches, panni's, quesadillas, a large salad bar, hot entrees and a luncheon buffet.
Vivian's also does catering for all types of events including breakfast, travel, lunch and dinner.
Vivian is always in the kitchen creating a daily special.
The staff is friendly and willing to accommodate the needs of each customer.
Prices are extremely reasonable.
You can not go wrong for eat-in or take-out!

ViviansCafe, Owner at Vivian's Market Style Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2016

Thank you Karen, it was so nice meeting you; and truly sweet of you to take the time to write such a nice review! I'm so happy that you found us! Look forward to seeing you again - maybe try the Chicken Dinner buffet (Thursday and Friday nights), next time!! Thank you again! Vivian

Reviewed July 22, 2016

Stopped into Vivian's after looking at their new website. We both opted for the all you can eat chicken dinner (Thurs & Fri nights only) - comes with salad (great dressing!), rice (tastes like its cooked in broth, which is awesome), pasta & sauce, fries (omg when they come out fresh, GRAB THEM!), chicken (not at all dry!), and rolls. We both really enjoyed our meals. It was like going to the Chicken farm but right in our own back yard, cheaper and with a friendlier atmosphere. We both had one beer & the total was like, $31. Couldn't believe it. The place was clean and inviting & we are excited to go back and try something else. I want to get my hands on a gyro or the extensive salad bar (which has grape leaves on it!). Check the website for daily specials, I will be coming for Thanksgiving dinner on Tuesdays! The owner came and talked with us before we left and she was super friendly. We will most definitely be back.

1  Thank Candice M
ViviansCafe, Owner at Vivian's Market Style Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2016

Thank you so much Candice! It was such a pleasure meeting and talking with you and your husband! I am so happy that you enjoyed the Chicken Dinner buffet and look forward to seeing you again. You are so kind to have taken the time to write a review, I sincerely appreciate it! Until next time ...... Vivian