“You HAVE to eat here!”

Clean Slate Eatery
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in West Dennis
Price range: US$50 - US$65
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

I can’t even describe how amazing this place was, but I’ll try. My friend lives in Dennis and she had been here before, so she said I had to go when I visited. The menu was officially 7 courses, but really ended up being 9.5 because the chef added extra special treats-such as the oyster on a bed of sea kelp with a lemon granita. I had never had oysters before and I’m hooked! My friends have had lots of oysters and they said it was the best they’d ever had. I don’t even know which course was my favorite; they were all so good. We also did the wine pairings offer-a selected wine pairing for each course. I highly recommend this as I discovered wines I never would have found. There was also a beer pairings menu. The intermezzo (which I counted as the 0.5 course) was amazing also. Please, just go here. You won’t regret it. I can’t wait to go back on my next visit to Cape.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

The food was overly delicious, no wonder you need to make a reservation, especially as the place is super small: local ingredients, prepared in front of you. It’s a set Menu and they adapted perfectly to a non-seafood eater (we mentioned that when doing the reservation). All was so good but the meat impressed us the most - perfectly tender as we rarely had.
The wine pairings were well chosen, and as we had a driver with us they suggested a half wine pairing, meaning filling the glasses just half. Really appreciated that :)
Would love to go back one day

Reviewed May 8, 2018

Legit I can't even tell you how amazing this place was... each and every course was better than the one before. When you tell the Chef you want to lick your plate... you know it's amazing. Do not be fooled by the outside of the building, that's nothing... it's like a pearl in an oyster.... AMAZING....

We were a bit disappointed that we had to sit on one of the side tables, as it was my husband's 40th birthday dinner, but they had a couple larger groups there that night.

They were extremely accommodating to my picky nature and made sure I didn't get any seafood dishes (no allergy, just don't like it... ) If you don't like to be adventurous, this probably isn't the BEST place for you. I would say NOT a kid friendly place, as some of the meals were a bit experimental. There was an 9/10 year old there with another party, and it was not a great experience for her.

Food was out of this world... HIGHLY recommend

Reviewed April 29, 2018

From the moment I contacted the Clean Slate Eatery for reservations and inquired whether the vegetarian menu could be adapted for Vegans, the entire experience was top notch. We were the only 2 Vegans dining there that night, but that didn't deter Jason from using his culinary mastery to prepare "special" dishes just for us. Each course was inspired, the atmosphere relaxed and welcoming and the entire evening was a delight. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough. We were able to watch the food preparation in the open center space, and although we didn't partake in many of the dishes being served on the "regular" menu, it all looked amazing. I only wish this restaurant was closer to where we live. We'd quickly become regulars. We were visiting Dennis for a long weekend from Connecticut, an this dinner was definitely the highlight of our stay.

Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

This is not your typical restaurant. Probably the best dining experience I have ever had. Small plates but many courses that are outstanding! If you
Love food and want a different experience Clean Slate is for you ...this was on my bucket list and it was perfect...food...pairing...only seats 16. Chef Jason is personable and answers ever question....we will return again and again and again!