“Seeing is Believing”

and 1 more site!
Lighthouse Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 West Dennis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We came here for a mini vacation for just two nights. We would have liked an ocean view but had to settle for the lodge which consists of varied rooms each with a bathroom. I feel the description was misleading not enough information shown or giving on their website. This particular building needs to have some new furniture ..The Queen/Dbl. bed which had no headboard so the pillows kept sliding between the wall and the bed which proved aggravating. They offer one bottom out wing chair that needs to be replaced it smelled musty. I brought it to their attention that the safety holder on the inner bathtub wall was not safe at all as it shipped out of its position, this gives a false sense of security ..the receptionist did make note of this and put in a call to the responsible maint. person along with a mis-hung mirror that looked like it was about to crash down at any time..another safety concern. On the good side the housekeeping was done, beds made, toiletries put out..again though there were three people and only two full sets of linen and two water glasses. No coffee maker in the room but a refrigerator. I guess where they have a restaurant and offer breakfast/dinner (no lunch at this time of the year). I feel there's room for improvement on the decor and indirect lighting should be available by the one chair. Will we return that's for another day and consideration. Overall the buildings are attractive looking, plenty of attractions for the active person, a pool, tennis court, miniature golf, and playset for the younger set along with a pirate boat jungle gym contraption. Another important thing is the room number on the key card wasn't visible from the outside we had to enlist help in trying to find our quarters..They should put the numbers on the outside of the lodge bldg. ex: 42-43- -44 etc. so a body knows where it is. Most of the other bldgs had their numbers on the outside I couldn't understand why this wasn't so..They also need a directory to call for service outside their commune like pizza parlors etc., I looked but couldn't find one their main book has info but again not enough. My husband is handicapped due to previous surgery and the walking distance was too far as the designated spaces were full . The lodge building is attractive and there is a sitting room upon entry. Room for improvement ...Also there is no lifeguard so you have to be aware if you have children. They do have a list of what is required in the pool area, and in the restaurant for parents to take notice of. I have been very honest and upfront about our stay here and feel with some improvements that were listed it will benefit all.

Room Tip: Ask questions as to what your criteria is.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Had a really great meal at the Light House Inn at five-thirty-ish on a rainy and windy Friday night right after work during the second half of August 2017 with my best friend for food and fun. The restaurant is an adjunct to the seasonal Inn, which is right on Nantucket Sound immediately adjacent to West Dennis Public Beach, arguably one of the finest on the Cape for tourists as you can car park your car adjacent to and only steps from your beach blanket on the wide, sandy, lifeguarded strand.
When you climb up the stairs from the parking lot at the Inn, you turn left for the Inn's receptionist or right for the restaurant. Katja from Slovenia, a first-season employee, greeted us with a welcoming smile, checked my name off from the sparsely populated reservation list and led us to a window-on-the-Sound table for two in the almost empty, very large, very-windowed dining area. Waiter Chris, who has come back to work at the Inn after a hiatus, was quick to come by to take our drink orders and to leave some disappointingly un-fresh, flavorless, semi-arid rolls and untasted, so perhaps great, muffins with both butter and a healthier spread, which I used to try to resuscitate one-half of one of the rolls.
I had mentally pre-selected my dinner choice from the on-line menu a day earlier, salmon with quinoa, and was not disappointed with the taste and was pleasantly surprised with the generous quantity of both the healthy and tasty fish but also with the mixture of healthy and somewhat exotic vegetables in which it was swimming. The menu and the waiter thought I should've also been served a veggie, I chose cauliflower au gratin, but it never materialized and I certainly did not need it either to fill me up or to add nutrition. My dinner mate had the lobster ravioli; which they enjoyed, if I remember correctly what they said. Both our dinners were twenty-six dollars. Their ice tea was three bucks but came with a refill when our waiter spilt a bit of it while clearing plates. We skipped dessert although the menu is tempting. Perhaps on our next visit we will start there. Waiter Chris told us the confections are all made in-house. Yummy.
Two other diners had their dinner at two of the half-dozen bar stools just outside the dining room. There are also a few tall tables nearby and a door to the deck with its fab water view. Quite windy while I was there—you are right on the ocean—and I needed both hands to wrestle it open and closed. Part time bartender Barbara, a family member, was very engaging when we asked about the history of the Inn. Wish we had had our dinner at her corner of the premises, She is a very interesting person and it was great to meet her, very great.
Dining room manager du jour, Carly, took me on a tour of the hall of fame of former and present staff. This is her third season so she’s in three photos; Katja is in just one, this years, so far. When she's not managing, Carly also waits tables, a real utility player who enjoys both roles, she told me. I wish I had met the full-time dining room manager, Bill, to thank him in person for his help with an upcoming reservation. Fritz is the service bar manager who's an accountant in our longish off-season. I can't speak to his other job, but I saw an excellent bartender at work this evening.
My Friday night supper club super friend for fun and food has already focused on what they’d like to try on our next visit. It will be a game-day decision for me but I could definitely default back onto the salmon again—it tasted that good and was that good for me health-wise, in my opinion. It would be nice to see you there, too, then, when we return.

Room Tip: Only went there for dinner
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2017

The Inn is gorgeous! The grounds are beautiful! Cannot say enough about how incredibly attentive and helpful the staff was! It was everything I had hoped and more. What a way to celebrate my daughters college success! Perfection!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We have returned each year, same week, for five years now, each time looking so forward to our visit and never disappointed. Super staff, so inviting. Perfect location on the water. Beach is great, breakfast is also!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Booked this Inn as a last minute decision to get away with the family. We stayed in the Carriage House building. Room was comfortable 2BR - one king bed/two twins & bathroom. The only issue with the room was that the AC unit was only located in the room with the king bed. So either the door stayed open, or the other BR got very warm at night. They really need to put a separate unit in a separate BR.

Breakfast was included - a buffet, but also had ability to order from a limited menu. But it was great every day. The location is very central to a lot of cape cod so good for exploring the different towns. The public beach was just a short walk from the property - the small private "beach" was best for little kids to play in. Plenty of lounge chairs set up for relaxing.

Overall, a good place. Plenty of cabins/rooms to select from.

Room Tip: Carriage House Room 64 set apart a little from rest of building
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2017

This was our third family reunion at Lighthouse Inn. It is everything you want "Old Cape Cod" to be. Not a strip mall or chain restaurant in sight! The property is lovely, the Inn building is a treasure trove, views are spectacular. The food is really good, even when they have to serve a wedding and a bunch of hungry family members at the same time. The staff could not have been more accomadating.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017

3rd year visiting. 3rd year so happy! The room was perfect for us and the employees went out of their way to make sure we had a great time! I absolutely love the people at the Lighthouse Inn. The consistent effort to make sure all ages have fun on their property is evident. We were very happy, even with a full day of rain! We will be going back for many years.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1.4 km away
GuestLodge
GuestLodge
#1 of 3 in West Dennis

Been to Lighthouse Inn? Share your experiences!