We came here for a mini vacation for just two nights. We would have liked an ocean view but had to settle for the lodge which consists of varied rooms each with a bathroom. I feel the description was misleading not enough information shown or giving on their website. This particular building needs to have some new furniture ..The Queen/Dbl. bed which had no headboard so the pillows kept sliding between the wall and the bed which proved aggravating. They offer one bottom out wing chair that needs to be replaced it smelled musty. I brought it to their attention that the safety holder on the inner bathtub wall was not safe at all as it shipped out of its position, this gives a false sense of security ..the receptionist did make note of this and put in a call to the responsible maint. person along with a mis-hung mirror that looked like it was about to crash down at any time..another safety concern. On the good side the housekeeping was done, beds made, toiletries put out..again though there were three people and only two full sets of linen and two water glasses. No coffee maker in the room but a refrigerator. I guess where they have a restaurant and offer breakfast/dinner (no lunch at this time of the year). I feel there's room for improvement on the decor and indirect lighting should be available by the one chair. Will we return that's for another day and consideration. Overall the buildings are attractive looking, plenty of attractions for the active person, a pool, tennis court, miniature golf, and playset for the younger set along with a pirate boat jungle gym contraption. Another important thing is the room number on the key card wasn't visible from the outside we had to enlist help in trying to find our quarters..They should put the numbers on the outside of the lodge bldg. ex: 42-43- -44 etc. so a body knows where it is. Most of the other bldgs had their numbers on the outside I couldn't understand why this wasn't so..They also need a directory to call for service outside their commune like pizza parlors etc., I looked but couldn't find one their main book has info but again not enough. My husband is handicapped due to previous surgery and the walking distance was too far as the designated spaces were full . The lodge building is attractive and there is a sitting room upon entry. Room for improvement ...Also there is no lifeguard so you have to be aware if you have children. They do have a list of what is required in the pool area, and in the restaurant for parents to take notice of. I have been very honest and upfront about our stay here and feel with some improvements that were listed it will benefit all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lighthouse Inn-A True Oceanfront Cape Cod Classic.. The historic oceanfront Lighthouse Inn is home to the only privately owned and privately operated US Coast Guard-sanctioned lighthouse. Variety of accommodations, Cape Cod-style houses with private guestrooms and bathrooms, quaint cottages or traditional hotel style guestrooms. We offer bed and breakfast rates or American plan rates, which includes breakfast and dinner. Open mid-May through Columbus Day. Special packages are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lighthouse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Hotel West Dennis
- Lighthouse Inn West Dennis, Cape Cod, MA