“Wonderful surprise.”
Review of Bnapoli Italian

Bnapoli Italian
Reserve with OpenTable
Bnapoli Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 10, 2018

This is the relatively fine dining side of our favorite takeout place. I wrote a review of their pizza and parm (aka Bella Napoli) a good few years ago before this part of the place opened. Too bad it's taken me this long to investigate. So close to home, so little traffic on this side of the CT river, and food that is not red/Southern Italian. Two appetizers (olives for our friends, and fig torte for us, the latter was wonderful and unusual, at least to me. I don't 'do' olives.
I ordered the Linguini with little necks. The latter were tough, and was the only disappointment. I'd love to substitute mussels next time if it's allowed because the flavor was superior. Husband loved the gnocchi. Friends recommended the haddock and the Chitarra.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Reservations are needed at this very busy restaurant on a Saturday night. As our table was by the door it was easy to notice how many return customers as they greeted the host. Excellent and very knowledgeable and friendly waitstaff. Excellent menu though a bit pricey. Good choice for a special occasion. If you have a picky eater in the group it might be difficult to find something simple for them.

Reviewed July 20, 2018

This is the perfect place to take a date, with an ambiance that is warm and friendly. The menu is Italian with a number of items that I was previously unfamiliar with. The fig appetizer was quite successful while my veal with rosemary was less so. My companion really like her kale pizza.

1  Thank Ghost
Reviewed June 30, 2018

We have been back three or four times since my last review. Since we spend 8-12 weeks in Italy each year, we are often disappointed with Italian restaurants in this country. But BNapoli is a place to which we would be happy to bring our Italian friends.

Consistency is nearly as important as creativity. BNapoli comes through in both categories. On a relatively quiet weekday night or a busy Friday or Saturday they have their act together. They have a particularly pleasant and professional wait-staff. Thomas-on a Saturday night-was exemplary in terms of enthusiasm, knowledge of the menu and being attuned to our group's vibe.

The menu is varied but not too large. Everything we have tried has been excellent-particularly the seafood dishes. The desserts are distinctive and well executed. Kudos for a fine wine list that shows a passion and an appreciation for the exceptional variety of wines produced in Italy. Also, some smart choices from the U.S. The mark-up on the wines is a bit steep, but a small restaurant has to stay solvent and you have the benefit of being able to try some uncommon selections.

In keeping with its heritage, some pizza is on offer. But this is a place to try some more complex pasta dishes and serious main courses. Prices can move from the mid-range to expensive if you are tempted by some of the premium wines and high end menu items. So far, we believe those selections would be suitable for a celebration or if your wallet can withstand the tariffs.

The owner is on premises and usually stops by to ask about your experience. While that is standard procedure with waiters, it's good to know management really cares and is attuned to what is going on in real time.

I find myself being generous with four circle ratings and much more limited with five circle ones. This is our first choice in Greater Springfield, so it deserves the high rating.

3  Thank ulysses4
Reviewed March 26, 2018

Generous portions and very friendly service. By far, the best dish for our group was the ciopollino (seafood dish- think bouillabaise). Other pasta dish had lots of clams with relatively bland pasta. Interesting wine list. I suggest you reserve.