“Amazing food! Sandwiches meals and more!”
Review of Calabrese Market

Calabrese Market
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

I was completely blown away by the quality of their food. I ordered the Figaro which is one of their specialty grilled cheeses with Brie cheese, fig jam and prosciutto. Perfect combination of sweet salty and tangy with perfectly grilled crunch bread. My husband had their version of a Reuben and it was huge and equally as good. I purchased some artichoke francaise to bring home. That was amazingly flavorful and the artichokes were huge! Nice crispy batter, flavorful lemony garlic sauce was perfect for the dish. I actually went back the next day but they were sold out.
Great family run establishment serving amazing high quality food.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 27, 2018

The food is delicious, and the atmosphere is clean and inviting! I ordered a Green Goddess Panini and was very pleased with the taste, presentation, and speed of service. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. There is also a section with prepared foods such as scallops and pasta. Everything looks very appealing!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Never noticed this until a friend of mine said I have to try it. They were right. Great overstuffed sandwiches, big variety of suggested sandwiches or make your own, daily specials also. A few tables to eat in or take out. A large variety of prepared food to take home for dinner. Nice friendly staff and very clean.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018

i have been told of this place for years but never made it out here. shame on me. i have been looking for a place like this for a while now. i got there roast beef sandwich special and it was amazing. very friendly staff and extremely clean store i will be back!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed October 23, 2017

One of the trends that seems to be popping up is to have a place where you can grab foods on the run to serve your family that night for dinner. Instead of doing all of the prep yourself -or- getting frozen factory made food to cook, these markets are popping and finding their niche while still operating as a deli or even a restaurant. Calabrese Market is one that has jumped on the bandwagon. We decided to eat at the market after reading an article about them several months ago. They weren't making it, after many years, as a stand alone deli and decided to try this approach. I didn't know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised.

First of all, there are lots of fresh deli meats and cheese in the cases along with portions of Chicken Parmesan and other specialties they can heat up for you or wrap up to be taken home. They also have an extensive menu of toasted Panini sandwiches to order from... which is what we did.

I ordered a pork loin panini with cheese and balsamic glaze. My sister in law had their version of a grilled cheese panini, and my son another. All three came out grilled to perfection at a reasonable price. We sat at the tables while I observed other people ordering and taking in what they were stocking in their display cases.

The building was brightly lit and spotless. I never say that it looks like you could eat off of the floor, but this place is the exception. The cases were well lined with plenty of beverages and food specialties you could take home and heat up for one or for a family. The crew behind the counter was both friendly and informative. I asked about a couple of the panini's and without hesitation they were describing the ingredients and how they are prepped.

A gem hidden in the open, I will frequent Calabrese Market again when in West Side looking for lunch! I look forward to working my way through the rest of their menu!

Date of visit: October 2017