“The absolute WORST !”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sorrento's
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Where do I start!? Hadn’t had pizza and wings in months.... decided to go to Sorrento’s because we went there once last year and the pizza was ok... I mean .. not greasy and flavorful. Well that remains to be just a distant memory.
Ordered a Neapolitan large pizza along with an order of Buffalo wings. I’m not sure what I got in this box that says “Pizza” ! More like crusty bread with no flavor and not a hint of olive oil ( they still have olive oil in Sorrento, Italy I presume).... some kind of sauce .. not anything that looked like a tomato.. still wondering where the cheese was.. get the point? HORRIBLE!!
The wings were just as bad... I mean dry
And every wing had broken bones! Why?
Did they kill the chickens with a hammer?
Anyway... I will never go back to this place.

I’ve been on this planet for six decades and I must say this is one of the worst restaurants ever. Too bad quality has been replaced by mediocrity or less.
Listen to sound advice...... go elsewhere!!!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Through the yrs we have gone to this restaurant, back when it was just a small pizza place in the ‘80’s when we took our pizza home to eat w/ our three sons. The pizza was delicious way back then, great service and the five of us enjoyed their pizzas.
I repeatedly have tried this restaurant, just because it is so convenient and after their extension & renovation the exterior looks welcoming but that is about it. I have brought grandchildren in there, with whole family , ordered food to go and repeatedly it is the same! Mediocre to food that I didn’t like w/ Service that goes from exceptable & friendly to rude and horrible or totally ignoring me after ten mins of sitting at a table alone and my walking out furious with myself, that I went into this lack luster restaurant yet again, thinking “maybe it changed” but it hasn’t nor will it ever! Even though it is close,( I live in West Spfld), I will go the extra distance when I want really “delicious Italian Spaghetti Sauce, great service and attentive owner/ managers that “WANT YOUR BUSINESS” to the “RED ROSE RESTAURANT” in Spfld! It is well worth the extra distance for good food( wish they delivered to middle of West Spfld! Back w/ my recent visit to Sorrentos we stood waiting( only two people sitting in restaurant...rest was empty! Guys in kitchen saw us but no one bothered to greet us, say anything at all & place almost empty( this attitude has met me, let me point out the last few times I have attempted “to give restaurant another chance.” Eventually young girl came out, looking distracted ( I would have left but three grandsons were starving so we remained! They begged me not to walk out! We ordered pepperoni pizza, chicken parm, pasta w/ meatballs, etc. she plunked our salads down and I cursed myself for “trying this place another time! The restaurant is small, plain which is fine if food good. It wasn’t. Pizza has Sm amt of toppings compared to just about any other pizza shop in town! The sauce was not good, pasta limp, appetizers were cold! We will not be back! “RED ROSE” here we come! Liquoris Pizza shop would have been better choice even I decided ( food there excellent..owner Tony a joy w/ his family but they are more of a “to go place” even though they have a bunch of tables but notbig enough for five!)! Let me tell you something though, past experiences have been just as lackluster to horrible at Sorrentos! Twice I tried lunch( wanted tortellini soup & sandwich) and the girl whom I suspect is a sister or daughter of owner, saw her through yrs was downright nasty, unaccomodating and ambient if I stayed or not. I went on a Wed few months ago, at three pm asked for window, she refused saying “Can’t seat you there because we will get busy!” It was a table for four people & she directed me to table or two by door to kitchen, up against wall!” I looked around restaurant and said “THERE IS NO ONE HERE?” She repeated with vemon in her voice” It “WE’ll GET BUSY. Left at 5:00 no one, not one came in! Food was horrible. Nx time same baloney & we walked out. Owners and this woman just stand around talking until ready to wait on you! They could care less obviously! Food was horrible last month ...again” and I will never return to that restaurant again! Do yourself a favor and go to Red Rose, Liquoris or Star( last two for to go pizza) and do not go to Sorrentos! Worse Italian Restaurant ever!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank PekepooEmma
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Had not been here in years, and not as good as I remember, and much more expensive. It was not bad but just average food. We had a variety of meals and all large portions, we needed to bring some home. Only meal I would not order again was chicken Marcella, the sauce was not very good and not much of it.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank MEtoFL
Reviewed August 25, 2017

My family and I have been going to Sorrentos for several years. It is truly an amazing restaurant, with incredible service. The food is always amazing as well as service. From Pizza to Egg plant parm, you cant go wrong!!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

This is my local go-to for all things Italian or pizza. Most of the time, the food is ready in 20 minutes. The sauce is homemade. Quality is good, portions are good. I've even gotten a few catering trays from here for family parties. They don't disappoint. The owner is a nice guy and obviously cares about giving the customer a good meal.

Go here! It's worth it!