“Great coffee, great gallery, great atmosphere”

The Shaker Dam Coffeehouse and Stanmeyer Gallery
Reviewed July 25, 2016

This is my favorite coffee spot in the area and I try to end our bike rides here with one of their hand-made drinks. This is more photography gallery than cafe and John Stanmeyer's work is inspirational. I only wish we could meet him some day as other reviewers have. The building has a nice porch and yard which could use some improvement but the lounge area inside is very inviting and it's easy to get lost amongst all the wondrous photography from around the world. I'll probably be visiting again while in town this weekend.

Reviewed February 21, 2016 via mobile

Lovely little coffee shop with a great art gallery. The coffee is delicious and the atmosphere is amazing. Will definitely come back! ;))

Reviewed October 4, 2015 via mobile

I went to the Stanmeyer Gallery and coffee house on an early Saturday afternoon. I was warmly received by the great photographer and world traveler, John Stanmeyer, who warmed up a very tasty apple tart, and prepared me a fine cup of Columbian coffee. A very homey environment sitting just above the river, and examples of his work, along with small souvenirs of his travels decorate the walls, and provide a quiet and almost spiritual experience. He said to come back, and treat it as my home. I will be back soon. Lovely!

Reviewed September 10, 2015

The Shaker Dam Coffeehouse serves the BEST coffee! While waiting for my iced coffee, I was able to connect with wifi to catch up on some emails. Once I had my coffee I wandered around the gallery in awe. It was fascinating to read about each of the photos by National Geographic photographer, John Stanmeyer. I walked away feeling enlighted as I learned about human rights issues around the globe and satisfied that I had a delicious cup of fresh coffee.

Reviewed July 29, 2015

A very small but delicious menu, great coffee and an outstanding setting in a neat old house that feels like home. The gallery had a retrospective of Stanmeyer's amazing photographs for National Geographic. He was there and was very happy to talk about his experiences taking the photos. A very cool place!