“Basic room with high prices”

Super 8 W Yarmouth Hyannis/Cape Cod
Super 8 W Yarmouth Hyannis/Cape Cod
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Woodstock, Canada
“Basic room with high prices”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

If you are looking for a basic hotel room that is tidy and ordinary I guess this is for you. The front desk people were nice and helpful. The "free" breakfast was a huge let down. My husband didn't even bother taking a thing, the choice was so poor.
It was noisy and their internet connection was just plain frustrating. I guess because of the location the price was SUPER high for a Super 8 motel
Very basic small closed in pool - filled with their own kids.
I would not stay there again, but mostly because I am used to a higher standard of hotel/motel when I am paying that much money.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
nj
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The rooms were dirty. Dust everywhere. The beds did not have fitted sheets, so every morning you wake up on a bare matress. Breakfast? What breakfast? Barley any WiFi. Swimming pool, on the street. Not enough parking spaces. The parking is very disorginized. My advice, look for a different place.

2 Thank njaneta

Travellers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

new york
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I was on vacation when a small problem arose and I had to find a hotel quick on the cheap. This hotel fit the bill and was in the right location. The trouble started when I tried to cancel one night. Despite that the hotel seemed to be fully booked, they refused to cancel on reservation and actually were unhelpful on the phone. My sister called the hotel as well and the manager actually hung up on her. They were not much better in person. The manager and his staff in short were only interested in taking my money and offered no help and at requests for extended stays or refunds, "that is not possible." Clearly they were the owner/managers and could have done anything they wanted and despite knowing we were there due to a family emergency, they were unhelpful, and rude. The hotel was packed, they were charging prime rates and could have helped.

The hotel is just one of many that line the busy stretch of Rt 28 on Cape Cod. They had the pool in the parking lot. it was small, in need up a refurbishment and frankly a bit dirty. Later on i saw what came out of it after someone skimmed it and was a bit disgusted.

The rooms themselves where just ok. Two beds, a bathroom, nothing extravagant and it came with a small 'fridge. if you are one of the last to arrive you might have some trouble parking, they have just enough spaces, it seemed like they were actually one space short for a full hotel.

The only plus was this was about five minutes from where i needed to be in Hyannis and a step up from a fleabag hotel. There are a lot of hotels that line both sides of Rt 28. I would check on others way before I would return here and have to deal with the money grubbers that run this hotel.

1 Thank captaindavebklyn
Near Boston
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed for two nights in July 2011. The room was clean and quiet, the AC was great, the staff was friendly and helpful, the continental breakfast was ok, and the motel was the perfect place to use as a base while we met up with other family members in Yarmouth. For the price, it was a great choice.

1 Thank Terpin51
Reviewed 18 July 2011

60% of the lights in room don't work, no bed skirt, or fitted sheet that's just nasty. Moldy lamp shades, wallpaper bubbling from the clear water damage, says there is wi fi, but neither of my devices even recognized any connection, poor service. So many other places much better in the area for the value. Do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Amylee1882
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This was the worst hotel experience EVER! The room was musty, the temperature of the water fluctuated from freezing cold to boiling hot in the shower & when we approached the front desk staff about this we were told that we didn't know how to work the shower knobs & he continued to argue with us in front of other hotel guests. They advertised free internet service; however, the connection would go in & out frequently so we tried to call the front desk but our phone didn't work!!! We walked down to the lobby & were told that the phones don't work. When we got back from our trip we were double charged, we paid through price line & then noticed we were also charged by the hotel. When we called the hotel about being double charged and the front desk attendant told us he didn't have time to look into it & to fax him our statements & he would look through the paper work at some point (not very reassuring). This was the worst hotel experience we ever had. We will never step foot here again! This hotel was rated a two star in price line, and we were charged $90/night. This hotel should be taken off of price line, it's not even a one star in my ratings, it's a headache that you don't need to deal with when you're on summer vacation & it's not even remotely worth $90/night!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hlaca
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 5 July 2011

The day before I was to check-in, I had to return home for medical reasons. I sent a cancelation notice to the motel, only to find out they had a 3 day prior cancelation policy.
So I was charged for a nights lodging. Seems a bit unfair, so I will not make reservations again to stay there.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple