All reviews mini golf course outdoor pool cape cod hot tub first floor picnic tables sea gull beach sliders the wi fi breakfast room bagels off season mariners pools motel beaches jacks
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Have stayed here before with no problem. Went this time with a friend from out of state. We chose the Mariner specifically because it had an outdoor pool as my friend would be stuck there all day without a car (her choice) while I met 2 other friends for a trip to Nantucket. As it turned out, the pool was closed ALL DAY SATURDAY as well as when we checked out on Sunday (we had planned on spending time at the pool after checking out). The only explanation given was that the chemicals were "off". When pressed, they said due to rain. Funny - no other pools up and down rt 28 were closed. I inquired as to the possibility of a discount on a future stay at checkout. They were going to call me - never did. I called 1 or 2 more times - still no return phone call. I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with their total lack of concern over our inconvenience (a wasted stay - we would have been better off elsewhere) and at their refusal to call me back and discuss the situation. SHAME ON YOU! Totally lacking in customer service skills. I gave them plenty of time to respond and am posting this out of frustration and as a warning to others. Do not take for granted that the pool will be open. Shop around.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

This was one of the worst stays I have ever experienced, the front desk almost always had a sign that said be back in 15 minutes but more often you're waiting for someone for upwards of 30 mins the room was in disrepair and seemed dated the bathroom was the size of a closet and the tub was stained with dirt. The pool was so dirty that you could barely see the bottom. The hot tub water was grey and there was all kinds of hair floating in it not talking strands here and there was clumps of it. Also it was like there were people taking up residence there having family over and having cookouts and full blown birthday partys on the grounds... One functioning ice machine for the entire motel but it was always empty because of the cookouts... in the 80s this place must have been a great place to stay but those days are long gone... not sure who is leaving the 4 and 5 star reviews I can only surmise it's employees or employee friends trying to keep the rating up. DONT BE FOOLED this is NOT even a 2 star establishment.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2018

This is the second year in a row we stayed at the Mariner and received good value for being in West Yarmouth close to kids activities, restaurants, beaches and shopping. The motel is across the street from an incredible Inflatable Park which adds new rides each year. The hotel is at the end of South Sea Avenue which leads down to Sea Gull Beach. This is a great beach and has everything (including $8 Cheeseburgers so bring your own lunch). The hotel has two pools plus a miniature golf course on site. The mini golf is plain but a good way for young children to learn the basics before going down the road to "Pirates Cove" mini golf. The breakfast is great and there are picnic tables by the pool to enjoy yogurt,cereal, bagels, etc. The rooms are clean and the check in/out is fast and efficient.

Room tip: Shaws and Stop and Shop are east on 28 where you can buy snacks and things to pack a lunch for the beach.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

The room was fine, but outside areas had garbage around, especially cigerret butts. I don't just blame the motor Lodge for that, I also blame the people smoking them. They have those stand up ash trays, USE them, or find something else to put your butts in.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Adventure579391
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Do not, I repeat DO NOT stay here. We unfortunately paid almost $180 a night for a roach and cigarette butt filled room. Absolutely revolting. They did offer to change the room, but all of these rooms are the same. Absolutely disgusting. Even the towels had long curly hairs that were for sure not ours. You’d think after the photos I showed they’d refund something- nope. Do not book this place! Go to the ambassador or the cape cod heritage house for similar prices - not sure of the inside but pretty sure there’s no roaches or cigarettes inside the room. This was pretty much white trash central in my opinion and does not represent what cape cod is or at least used to be. They should be ashamed of the prices they charge. If I could 0, I would.

2  Thank meli_nicole