“AWESOME HOTEL WITH AN AWESOME MANAGER”
Review of Yarmouth Resort

Yarmouth Resort
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I Have been going to the cape for many years. This hotel was great! Sylvie, the manager, was wonderful to us! My family and I are trying to plan another trip before the summer ends. Sylvie and her staff take customer service to another level. Just because of her and her staff, I will continue to go here and recommend to my family and friends. The rooms were clean and beautiful, and very comfortable. The indoor and outdoor pools were huge selling points and so was the grill in the pool area along with the picnic tables.
If you are planning a trip, do not think twice booking the Yarmouth Resort.

IF YOU ARE PLANNING A TRIP DO NOT THINK TWICE BOOK IT.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2011

From the time we checked in to our departure just a wonderful weekend, way too short. Both pools were clean and not crowded. The bed was so comfy better than my own, the bathroom was updated strong shower, and to tip it off the Yarmouth House Restaurant was right next store, oh, free coffee in the morning at the check in department. We ate breakfast at a wonderful Irish place just down the road on the same side as the resort.
We are looking forward to spending a nice fall weekend there.
We also took a day trip to Provincetown, had a great lunch and the sights were second to none.
Do yourself a favor and visit.
Thanks,
John and Maureen from Quincy

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This is no resort. It is old, outdated & dilapidated. The first vacation we cut short & left early in years! Pics & reps are deceiving, the hallway near us smelled of urine. Things you may wanna know: musty, run down, the lights flicker like a bad horror movie, small old TV, AC is so old, loud & clunky no one could sleep. Does not have 2 hot tubs as claimed it has only 1 so it's over crowded. No coffee pot in room or microwave. Does have Ice & vending machines. Worst of all advertises WiFI and has no internet connection @ all w/ the only explanation being the heat and the wiring being in the attic? when it was barely 68 all day as we had some bad weather- it never worked the whole stay no matter the conditions obviously. Worse they did nothing at all about it. Perks are that the housekeeping seems good & like they do the best they can with what they have to work with (place is old & beat up) and the location is fine short of the horrific traffic that is everywhere. The water pressure is great in the shower but, don't expect more than that and you will be prepared. It is a central place to sleep if thats all you require. We wish we had stayed elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank beachbum60763
tt1000, General Manager at Yarmouth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

After reading your recent review, we are sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. As a condo hotel we do have a variety of accommodations, many rooms are equivalent to the finest boutique hotels, while other rooms are of a more traditional budget Cape Cod style. As you have mentioned we are centrally located, with a fine friendly staff. Regrettably our name may carry connotation of a different resort style experience then you may have expected. I wish your dissatisfaction would have been brought to my attention during your stay and as always we would have done everything possible to accommodate your needs which would have added to a more pleasant stay.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Fabulous beautiful staff kind helpful.friendly knowledgeable welcoming

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Yarmouth Resort last weekend. While it's not the Mandarin Oriental (it's Cape Cod, people, not NYC!), the room was clean, the beds were firm and comfy, the a/c worked well, there's a nice flat-screen t.v., a good-sized fridge, all of the lights worked, the water was hot, the parking was ample, there was free WiFi ( a BIG plus!), there's a decent indoor pool, and best of all, the General Manager (Sylvie Martin) is a sweeheart. We got in very late, and Sylvie left keys and directions to our room in the mailbox. Nice! She also honored a coupon that the Resort's previous owner had issued to me. Super nice! Prices are very reasonable, there's a good restaurant next door, and its location is quite central in terms of all locations on the Cape. All-in-all, it's a thumbs up. If you expect overt luxury, you're in the wrong place. It's a great place to stay while you hit the beaches and visit towns on the Cape. 'Nuf said.

Room Tip: If you like peace an quiet, get a top-floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Yarmouth Resort is the friendliest accomadating hotel I know. From your arrival and the great people who work at the desk to the rooms withe kitchenettes to the two pools and excersicise room and the very near-by attractions, this hotel has it all.

Room Tip: suites are the best
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2011

1st for a quick getaway with the husband and no kids, I happened upon the Yarmouth Resort, and saw the Managers Special that they were offering...couldn't beat the deal for such short notice. Was a tad skeptical at first when I called, they put me on hold while dealing with a difficult customer, and asked me to call back. ( I work with the general public so I understood). I called back and the lady was a sweetie. She was even as kind enough to call to see if we were okay ( traffic and storms delayed us). When we arrived, Debbie promptly cheered because we made it, and was kind enough to upgrade our room. That was fantastic and we were pleased with the gesture!

As for the way we (meaning my husband and I) rate hotels, it's on 2 criteria, 1) Is it clean. 2) Shower head pressure....LOL crazy as it sound it's very important. The Yarmouth resort scored on both. The room was spacious and very clean. It was weird that the door we parked in front of was actually the "back" door, but anyways. We were definitely pleased for the price.

Would we return?? Absolutely! Debbie if you are reading this.....
Keep Room 160 on lock down for us when we return! :) You were great, Thanks bunches !!

Room Tip: Clean and Comfy...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple