“Great chowder”

Captain Parker's Pub
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family friendly, full service restaurant serving fresh local seafood, choice meats and vegetarian offerings. Famous for our thick and creamy New England clam chowder. Gluten free items available.
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Visited after Columbus Day so off season but restaurant still got crowded which is a testament to how good the meals could be. Of course had to have the clam chowder and it was excellent. Had lobster and seafood fettuccini Alfredo for main meal. Nice pieces of lobster with plenty of scallops and shrimp. A piece of lobster was very tough and chewy so that was an issue. Waitress was very pleasant. Definitely would visit again.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,451)

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Great place, bar and tables as well as outside seating. Huge menu, land and sea specialties. The chowder is awesome! One of my favorite places in the area.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

We wanted to make a reservation, so we called the listed phone number several times. Always, the phone rang and rang, never answered. We then stopped by the restaurant at mid-day to make a reservation for the evening. Alas, they have a policy of not answering the phone because (1) they do not take reservations (yes, they are popular) and (2) they do not do take-out.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Snowbird547
Reviewed October 2, 2018

The clam chowder is the best I have ever had anywhere. The service is always great and the menu is great. I always have to stop in for a dinner when I visit Cape Cod. Very casual family restaurant that is open all year. I love the place!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Jeff R
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I had a business dinner at Captain Parker’s Pub last night. This place was recommended by a local hotel. We found the NE clam chowder to be very good - nice consistency, good clam content, not overly potatoed. However the main meal was just average and a little bland. I combined crab cakes with my Caesar salad. The crab cakes were overdone and seemed like they were not made fresh. Salad was ok not great. My colleague’s meal - fish - was quite plain and a bit tasteless.

1  Thank CMarquet2018