“Food great...service depends on who you get”
Review of The Chateau

The Chateau
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chateau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 97 Restaurants in Westborough
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2017

On a recent visit for Christmas holidays we went to this restaurant twice - once as a couple and decided to return because the food was good, reasonably priced and the first server Kristin was great. We returned a few days later with our family in tow (party of 6) and although the food was still great the server we got wasn't. Lili showed up to our table with arms folded and with quite an attitude...you felt although she was pissed off having to wait on us...perhaps she needs a career change. We recommend the food but it's a crap shoot on the server as we had two totally different experiences. Still tipped the 2nd server reasonably (18%) but because I had been a server before I know they depend on tips...she should have gotten less than 15 percent for her attitude alone. Only rating the service average because of two different service experiences.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed December 9, 2017

Get frequent emails for promotions and my former company also gets coupons so I've been a couple of times. It can have slow service if there is a big group in evenings but other times when I've come for lunch it is much quicker. I used to like the manicotti but they took it off the menu so now I get the lasagna instead. You just have to ask for marinara sauce if you are vegetarian--they have more options than the menu would suggest.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Ordered pick up. Eggplant parmigiana with spaghetti and chicken parmigiana with spaghetti. Both about $14.50 each.
Were the size of a 300 calorie Health Choice frozen single serving. And room temperature. TOTALLY Disappointed. Second time there and similar experience. Sorry, wish I could have given you a better rating. But $30 for two small warm plates of spaghetti? Jonofgilead@yahoo.com

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 11, 2017

This restaurant has to be one of the worse locations for providing any level of customer service. We had the waitress Cassie G this past Saturday (10/07) and she was nothing but rude, invisible and a liar.....name 3 other traits that make for a terrible waitress. Besides our waitress, the delivery of food was extremely slow, and we are talking about 4:30pm..... after placing the order and waiting 30 minutes, I asked Cassie about our order... seems that the order was not placed.. someone else's fault.... another 20 minutes go by, and I see that the people around us, are being served their meals, after I looked into the status of ours...food came and the pasta was cold, chicken parma was made with rubber chickens and the bread was hours away from being called "croutons".... asked to speak to the manager, and was told that it would take sometime..... I gave up all of the time I head in waiting for lousy service....
In reading previous reviews about this location, there is a theme.... louse staff and terrible service with huge plates full of crappy food.... enjoy...

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank lostnmass
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in on our way home and we were skeptical because the parking lot had only 8 or 9 cars. We went in and were greeted quickly and warmly. The hostess brought us to our table. I don't understand why you have to ask for water and why it's not part of the first contact when you meet your server. The minestrone soup was very good but the cup of soup was barely 6 oz. We decided to order the chicken marsala which was excellent and a side of meatballs in marinara sauce. All the food was was flavorful but the portion sizes need to be adjusted for the prices they charge. I would recommend it for basic Italian food. If you're looking for over the top Italian this is not your place.

Date of visit: October 2017