“Dino's, Good Food, Good Wine, Good Conversation”

Dino's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #48 of 611 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2015

Dino's,an Italian restaurant and a Worcester institution(my husband and I have been coming here for over thirty years), is owned and managed by two sons of the original owners . They have continued with their mother's traditional Italian cooking and their father's ability to provide an atmosphere which is comfortable for families with children of all ages, couples seeking a quiet table, and/or groups coming together to enjoy themselves over a good meal. Most of the food served is equal to any found in a "real" Italian kitchen. I enjoy the eggplant parmesan best and my husband can choose from the menu, which often times features homemade pasta. The pizza is excellent and the antipasto is a meal in itself. All this can be enjoyed with a glass or two of wine. Dino's does have a full bar. The prices are reasonable especially since you usually take a potion home. The wait staff are pleasant and friendly, often times college students from one of the local universities or colleges . The restaurant has the same feel of one found in "Little Italy" Boston or New York, busy but not rushed. A few years back, the owners remodeled and I was afraid they would "modernize" the space, but the murals of Italy are still on the walls, the music of Frank and Dino can still be heard, and the atmosphere of good food, good wine and good conversation remains. One caution, the restaurant can fill up early on weekends so call ahead if you have a large party to seat.

Reviewed October 15, 2015

I've been going to Dino's for several years. Whether it's been a family gathering, couples dinner, or celebration, they accommodate. Big parties can be in their private room downstairs.

Staff are always very attentive and knowledgeable of their menu. The ambiance is soothing and relaxing. The food, as always, tastes great. My favorites are the Baked Haddock, Chicken Parm and the Eggplant Cakes appetizer (which they took off the menu). Prices are definitely acceptable for the amount you get and the homemade quality - prepare to be full when leaving and as far as I know, everything is made to order. Most dishes can be shared or split they are so big. Friday and Saturday are busy days, so call ahead or go during the week for no waiting.

Brunches are delicious and have a great amount of variety!
Go and enjoy, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed September 25, 2015 via mobile

Waited over 45 minutes for our food. Ordered the chicken marsala and it was very bland. Ordered pizza which was very good. However, was a little upset that the manager didn't think it was important to come over and apologize. Won't be going back there.

2  Thank RobertC736
Reviewed September 21, 2015

Craving VERY mediocre food? Well here's a start. I REALLY wanted to enjoy this restaurant and the food... but there was no possible way. The minute we walked in, my parents and I noticed that the whole place smelled very fishy. As in actual fish, fishy. But everyone knows that the fish that is delivered to a restaurant shouldn't smell like a fish market and what we smelled was over-whelming. To make things even weirder, I couldn't find any fish on the menu. I instantly had felt very uncomfortable and that feeling did not lift at all during our time spent there. We continued and decided that we were already inside so we may as well eat there. Something which stood out to me was that it was a split entry, and there was no sign or anything telling which way let to the restaurant. (Its up by the way) We went in and sat down. I was a bit confused at the fact that they had a podium at the front for a waitress to lead you to a seat, and yet we were completely ignored until we picked our own seat and sat down. We ordered IBC Root beers in frosted glasses. They arrived and the Root beers were WARM. If you dont know, IBC Root beers are stored in class beer bottles. Its a complete waste of a root beer to serve it warm! (We later found out they keep ALL glass bottled drinks warm. Who does that?!) It was also a complete waste of a frosted glass. Putting warm root beer in a cold class does not make the root beer cold. Fact. As we looked at the menu to try to figure out what we wanted, I was a bit surprised by the prices. It seemed a bit over priced as it was but I thought that if the food was good, it would be worth paying those few extra dollars per meal. My parents went and got food from the buffet. I honestly thought the food in the buffet was revolting. It brought me back to memories of middle school. The pizza was half warm half cold and definitely not fresh one bit. They had different kinds of salads and a bunch of pastas. And as I expected the pastas had the same consistency as ones from middle school too. The kind no one ever ate then, and I refused to eat them now. I decided on angel hair pasta with white sauce. Thats kind of hard to mess up. There were no sides offered which isn't bad but at 12 dollars for a plate of pasta, yes, yes it was bad. I started in only to realize it had not been seasoned at all. At all. The pasta was completely bland. It didn't even taste like oil. I added quite a bit of both pepper, salt, and cheese. Started eating again. Stopped. And added more. It seemed like I had added half of each container before finally giving up. There was no possible way to make this enjoyably edible. My parents were VERY unhappy with the buffet. They were picking out burnt and uncooked pieces of pasta. The pizza was absolutely disgusting. My parents gave up on their plates not even half way through them. The service was not memorable nor was it very nice either. You could say we even witnessed an illegal moment while there. One of the waitresses asked to borrow anothers car and the other girl said "Well, I mean its a rental, but yeah sure just take my drivers licence." You do know you shouted that across a restaurant with customers inside right? By this point I was very unhappy with the service and the prices. Twelve dollars each for the buffet and eleven dollars for a inedible bowl of pasta with no sides, not even bread, is way to much to ask for. My impression of this resturant is that they should have been asking five dollars each for the buffet and maybe six or seven at most for the pasta. It was pretty much what McDonalds would taste like if they sold italian food. At least with McDonalds you know you're getting mediocre food and it has a cheep price. Maybe it was just the wait staff and cook during that shift and if so, they should not be working that shift if you know what I mean. My parents loved it the first time they went here, but that was during dinner time. We came during lunch and were severely disappointed. I wouldn't suggest this place to anyone.

3  Thank C M
Reviewed September 14, 2015

Excellent food in a lovely Italian restaurant. Very pleasant, clean and welcoming place. It was a wonderful dining experience. Entries were fresh and delicious, yet so large...