“NEVER AGAIN!”

Price range: US$12 - US$25
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2018

I just got back from Easter brunch that I reserved reservations at Via Maxwell Silverman's. I made these reservations over a month ago and they called me last week to confirm my reservation as well. As I pulled into Maxwell Silverman's I waited for the rest of my party to arrive then proceeded to see the sign outside of the door stating that Easter brunch is being held at Union station restaurant which I guess is a part of Maxwell Silvermans apparently. Mind you I have an 88 year old man with me at this time. No one in my party had any clue where this restaurant was nor did Maxwell Silverman's ever even mention or tell me the TWO times I spoke to them that Easter brunch was going to be held at this establishment instead. We proceeded to GPS it and get there parked on the third floor of a parking garage and had to walk down to find an elevator with an 88 year old man and about a dozen of adults. We finally figured out how to get inside as we approached to check in there was a line that we had to wait in to even be seated. Stood in line for about 15 minutes finally got up to the front and was told that we have to pay up front individually. Here comes the kicker they didn't even have change so we had to have exact change as well! Needless to say it was a nightmare totally chaotic not communicated well at all and we will never be returning there again for ANY function.

1  Thank Diane O

Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

I called to ask about holiday specials. I spoke with Hostess. The information was confusing. The only clear statement made was there would be $200 needed to hold the reservation, and each guest would need to spend $15.99. Seemed easy enough, right?

Well, then I got a call and said she was sending the menu - so many choices on it. We were thrilled. Then I got a call - we could only pick two things from the menu....???? Then I asked about the sides - the list she sent were “only suggestions”.
What?

So after much frustration, I called and asked if I could get the “deposit” back, if I cancelled the reservation. She said -yes.
So I waited. Then I called. Then I emailed. Then I called again. Finally I called to ask if there was someone else I could speak to about the matter - well, a man answered the phone, was so rude and crass, and was yelling at me on the phone, and then hung up on me!!!!
I finally had to do a credit card dispute!!
Absolutely ridiculous, poor business people, and I will certainly be sharing my very, negative experience!
Oh, and we went to Leo’s, and had a beautiful meal to celebrate the season!

2  Thank SunshineWonderland
Reviewed February 13, 2017

My friends and I had heard that Maxwell Silverman's was an upbeat good place for dinner. We went on a Saturday evening and it was practically empty. We were told that it attracted a later crowd. The food was ok and we probably won't go back because we were looking for a new taste sensation and didn't find it.

Reviewed December 1, 2016

I went on a Saturday night and music was good and drinks too. Not too crowded and DJ was playing good music.

Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

Was there last night. Wait staff was night but this is the place to eat if you have no money and no taste buds. In an old warehouse with old machinery as decoration don't waste your time or money

3  Thank CaptainMo1