“Groupon”

Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rte 9
Description: Mezcal pioneered the flavors of the Southwest to Worcester. Blending traditional Mexican plates with the colors and flavors of the increasingly popular Southwestern U.S. cuisine, Mezcal has been a hit since day one. Add in made to order guacamole, an unrivaled tequila list and outdoor seating to make the decision that much easier. Mezcal’s exceptional service, warm hospitality and amazing value make it a choice worth considering again and again. Mezcal Tequila Cantina is part of Niche Hospitality Group.
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

We went with a $50 groupon. Was a very quiet night at the tables where we sat, bar was full.
We didnt know it but they had a taco bar buffett. Very organized. Stood in line and told ladies behind the bar what you wanted, type of meat, tortia, sauces, and veggies. It was also a salad bar where you did the same. They prepared everything for you and handed it to you. All the ones i had where good.
The guacamole wasn’t included so we bought it seperate. Was good but expensive.
My girlfriend had the salmon. Looked and tasted very good. Cooked perfectly.
All in all a very good and tasty experience

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 15, 2018

Went for dinner while staying across the street at Hilton. Food was fabulous, very different for other "Mexican" restaurants. Server was very informative and friendly. The deal on groupon covered everything we had.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Had an avocado salad served in a lavastone bowl, accompanied with corn chips. Friendly service. A quick in and out.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We eat a lot of Mexican food so when we parked in the garage and then went back to the car to get something in the mid festival my wife said this place looks interesting why don’t we see about eating here. I had already had Mexican food that week so I really didn’t feel like eating any more, but I said OK let’s look at the menu. It looks so interesting different then your run-of-the-mill Mexican food and it had good reviews that I agreed to eat there.

I must say the food was extremely good and was very interesting; guacamoles that I never saw or anywhere else, we had one that had papaya and cashews in it that was really good. Some very interesting tacos, especially the vegetarian one had sweet potatoes and other things in it. One of the things that I really liked a lot was that you could order their street style tacos singularly, so you could pick whichever ones you wanted and get a variety. There was a green rice dish that we had on the side that was somewhat over powering with flavor. While it was interesting I found it to be a little too overwhelming and don’t think I don’t do that again if I visited.

The service was somewhat aloof and disappointing. A little too much corporate attitude about the greeting and our server was also the bartender. She seem to be paying attention to the other tables and ignoring us when we needed something. When we asked for something made me all that we needed for our meal she never brought it to and we had to ask someone else.

Another disappointment was on a second occasion we were in the area and wanted to eat here with our small dog in tow at their nice outside tables on the street. I called and asked ahead to make sure it was no problem and that they were set up since the weather had turned cool. They told us that our dog was NOT welcome because even though it was outside in the street they had doors that open to the outside so the dog was therefore not allowed. I thought that was ridiculous and again another example of their poor corporate attitude. They referred me over to one of their sister restaurant that serves burgers and fries on a patio without a rolling door. I told him I don’t eat burgers and fries that was not helpful. So I’d say this place gets a five star for the food and a two star for the mediocre service and attitude.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 11, 2018

We ate here be for we went to a concert at the DCU.
We ordered a pitcher of Magaridas, which did not pack alcohol.
The wings and nachos were very good.
Right across the street from the Hilton and DCU.
Very, convient!