“Chowder is amazing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed July 8, 2015

Great food, reasonably priced. Daily specials come with clam chowder, which is great. The service is good, the restaurant Los clean and the value, particularly for the daily specials, is outstanding.

Reviewed July 1, 2015

I have been going to Oliver's for fifteen years and have rarely been disappointed. The vast menu selection runs on three tiers -- the regular menu, the seasonal menu and the daily specials. On this latest visit I enjoyed juicy broiled swordfish plus I finished my friend's generous blue cheese salad and salmon with breadcrumbs. The dining room offers comfortable booths and has an overall "classic" feel. The bar area (now known as Planck's Tavern) was expanded several years ago and offers entertainment several nights per week to the delight of a substantial "boomer" crowd. Oliver's continues to be a reliable restaurant with well-earned loyalty from longtime servers and patrons alike. It does many things well.

1  Thank John R
Reviewed July 1, 2015 via mobile

We love Plank's Tavern at Oliver's Restaurant. Their fish tacos and burgers are great. It is a good place to watch a ballgame also. We mostly frequent the tavern on Sunday nights and really enjoy our time there.

Reviewed June 28, 2015

We stopped for lunch one day and were surprised by the large menu along with daily specials. My wife had a spinach salad with steak tips and the steak tips made me want to sneak one off of her plate. I had a chicken burrito which was as good as I have had in any Mexican restaurant. I was surprised that a restaurant could do so two different food items both so well.
This is a very unassuming place from the outside. It has a large parking lot which was more full than the restaurant when we were there, so I think it has a good bar scene also. Don't let anything cause you to hesitate going there for a drink or a good meal.

Reviewed June 17, 2015

The food here was great. Tons of options! Get the roll up appetizer. They are made to order, delicious. Big Bar area with Cape, themed atmosphere. Bar tender was attentive and nice. Will be going back!