“Definitely a great deal!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Holt, Michigan
“Definitely a great deal!”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

No question, I would stay here again. The shower is incredible. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good, pancakes, bacon, eggs, biscuits & gravy, juices, cinnamon rolls, etc. Staff was extremely helpful. We used Priceline and got a $50/night rate. Definitely a deal!  Free Wi-Fi, microwave and fridge in room.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank tdm00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Okemos, Michigan
Reviewed 16 January 2011

The Bay City Holiday Inn and Suites is a good place to stay for a night or two while visiting in the Bay City area, or as a stopover on the way up north. The location is convenient to stores, restaurants and I-75 on the northwest edge of town. We were in town to visit family, so we didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel.

We reserved two "suites" because we were traveling with adult children and spouses. We were expecting the type with a separate bedroom and living room, however, these suites were all one room, with a king bed and a pull out couch side-by-side. So that was a disappointment. The suites also had a mini-kitchen with a sink, small fridge and microwave. It was fairly spacious when the couch was closed, but when pulled out for sleeping it was hard to get around. The bathroom was a little larger than many budget hotels.

The indoor pool was small and there was no hot tub. The fitness room was very small, with pretty cheap equipment. There was only one treadmill, one bike, one elliptical (the elliptical was unuseable), and some dumbells. Wireless internet is free in the rooms and parking is free.

Everything was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Our preference is to stay at the Doubletree in downtown Bay City, but the rate at the Holiday Inn was much lower this time. I would stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites of Bay City again if the rate difference is substantial.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
No. Michigan
Reviewed 2 January 2011

New to trip advisor. Spent one night at holiday inn express, bay city,mi. Slipped on slippery tiles at pool and was injured. No one from staff assisted me. Had to get my own help - staff did not help get me to urgent care. No one returned my calls to hotel for days. Holiday inn can spend millions in advertising but one bad franchisee can ruin their reputation. This really told me what kind of non-customer orientation this business has. Would not spend any time at this hotel. Noted one other review that referenced the slippery tiles at the pool.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank TravelerNo_Michigan
Wyoming, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 13 October 2010

When we arrived in our room there was only one chair located at the desk. There was a good sized empty area in the corner by a floor lamp and we assumed that there must havebeen a small tub chair there and for some reason had been removed. Our friends room was furnished the same way. In all main brand hotels there has always been two chairs which we use when spending time in the room. We were informed that all rooms were furnished the same and after some discussion the front desk lady did bring up an additional chair for each room. I believe that, for the price they charged, they should place two chairs in each room. Other than that the hotel was fine.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Dumfries, Virginia
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We only stayed one night but the location was good, it was near a few restaurants and a grocery store. The staff was nice, room was clean/comfy, and the breakfast was decent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank BlueFaery13
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I wanted to stay at the DoubleTree, which is right on the river and in the heart of downtown Bay City. Unfortunately they were booked so I ended up here. Other Tripadivior members rated it well..
The Good: the room are spacious and clean. The bathroom has a lot of counter space. The price is good. We arrived about 3 hours before standard check in and did get our room very quickly.
The not so good: Breakfast was just something to eat. Nothing was particualry interesting. It was adequate at best. The place is a ten minute drive from Bay City's nice downtown area and the river front. You are really away from it all, and not in a good way.
The Bad: I made a reservation for a king bed at least four months previous to the trip (there was a Tall Ship Festival going on, which was why I couldn't stay at the DoubleTree and why I needed to be in town.) When I arrived (extremely early for check in, well before other vistors) I was told that they did not have a King bed for me. They would give me two queens. I suggested that since no one else was had checked in yet and since my reservation was made months ago and I was told I would have a king bed that perhaps they should give a late arrival the 2 queens. The lady wouldn't budge.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2010

My husband and I were travelling back from Sault Ste Marie Ontario on the 5th of July Monday and the traffic was bumper to bumper. We stopped at a restaraunt just off the S-B I-75 before Bay City and we decided to stop for the night if the price was right at the near by Holiday Inn Express. We were given a very good price with Corporate rates so we agreed. The check in was fast and the service was exellent. The room had a very comfortable king size bed, flat screen TV and the room was very clean and had all the toiletries that we needed. Great placeto stay and the breakfast the next morning was excellent. Made our trip home much easier.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple