Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City
US$105
Hotels.com
US$85
Hotels.com
Courtyard Bay City(Bay City)
US$105
Courtyard
Delta Motel(Bay City)
US$61
US$49
Euclid Motel(Bay City)
Fairfield Inn Bay City(Bay City)
US$89
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleannice hotelsaginaw baywould stay here againoff the highwaystaff was extremely helpfulbusiness tripworked finefront desk staffnorthern michiganhot tubthird floorbreakfast areaone night stayking roomgreat place to stayparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2011

The Bay City Holiday Inn and Suites is a good place to stay for a night or two while visiting in the Bay City area, or as a stopover on the way up north. The location is convenient to stores, restaurants and I-75 on the northwest edge of town. We were in town to visit family, so we didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel.

We reserved two "suites" because we were traveling with adult children and spouses. We were expecting the type with a separate bedroom and living room, however, these suites were all one room, with a king bed and a pull out couch side-by-side. So that was a disappointment. The suites also had a mini-kitchen with a sink, small fridge and microwave. It was fairly spacious when the couch was closed, but when pulled out for sleeping it was hard to get around. The bathroom was a little larger than many budget hotels.

The indoor pool was small and there was no hot tub. The fitness room was very small, with pretty cheap equipment. There was only one treadmill, one bike, one elliptical (the elliptical was unuseable), and some dumbells. Wireless internet is free in the rooms and parking is free.

Everything was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Our preference is to stay at the Doubletree in downtown Bay City, but the rate at the Holiday Inn was much lower this time. I would stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites of Bay City again if the rate difference is substantial.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2011

New to trip advisor. Spent one night at holiday inn express, bay city,mi. Slipped on slippery tiles at pool and was injured. No one from staff assisted me. Had to get my own help - staff did not help get me to urgent care. No one returned my calls to hotel for days. Holiday inn can spend millions in advertising but one bad franchisee can ruin their reputation. This really told me what kind of non-customer orientation this business has. Would not spend any time at this hotel. Noted one other review that referenced the slippery tiles at the pool.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank TravelerNo_Michigan
Reviewed 13 October 2010

When we arrived in our room there was only one chair located at the desk. There was a good sized empty area in the corner by a floor lamp and we assumed that there must havebeen a small tub chair there and for some reason had been removed. Our friends room was furnished the same way. In all main brand hotels there has always been two chairs which we use when spending time in the room. We were informed that all rooms were furnished the same and after some discussion the front desk lady did bring up an additional chair for each room. I believe that, for the price they charged, they should place two chairs in each room. Other than that the hotel was fine.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We only stayed one night but the location was good, it was near a few restaurants and a grocery store. The staff was nice, room was clean/comfy, and the breakfast was decent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank BlueFaery13
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I wanted to stay at the DoubleTree, which is right on the river and in the heart of downtown Bay City. Unfortunately they were booked so I ended up here. Other Tripadivior members rated it well..
The Good: the room are spacious and clean. The bathroom has a lot of counter space. The price is good. We arrived about 3 hours before standard check in and did get our room very quickly.
The not so good: Breakfast was just something to eat. Nothing was particualry interesting. It was adequate at best. The place is a ten minute drive from Bay City's nice downtown area and the river front. You are really away from it all, and not in a good way.
The Bad: I made a reservation for a king bed at least four months previous to the trip (there was a Tall Ship Festival going on, which was why I couldn't stay at the DoubleTree and why I needed to be in town.) When I arrived (extremely early for check in, well before other vistors) I was told that they did not have a King bed for me. They would give me two queens. I suggested that since no one else was had checked in yet and since my reservation was made months ago and I was told I would have a king bed that perhaps they should give a late arrival the 2 queens. The lady wouldn't budge.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple