“Wasn't impressed at all. ”

Nino's Family Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 197 Restaurants in Bay City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2017 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend went to Ninos about 5 years ago and at that time was not impressed. Very average food at a very above average price. We just recently went back again with my family and had the same exact experience. The ambience is very nice. The restaurants story is pretty neat, the owners go back to Italy every year for half the year and then run this place the other half. The only problem with them traveling back to Italy every year for 6 months is that they have to charge $17 a plate for even there simple items (almost all plates were $17- $19 range) to support there very expensive lifestyle. $17 for about 10 medium sized beef raviolis with salad and garlic bread is a little crazy to me. Now if you look at my other reviews I get around the globe quite a bit, and I certainly can appreciate and pay for good food. So if this was the best Italian I had ever had I would pay top dollar and not complain. But there's is just very average tasting. I hate to say this because I'm sure it will PO the owners but in my personal opinion Olive Garden is every bit as good if not better and a couple bucks a plate cheaper.

3  Thank aruba11344

Reviewed November 29, 2016

Great selection of live music performing here during the cooler months and fantastic service. Having been through a few cities in Italy myself, the selection of Italian dishes is top notch. Would almost make me think the owners frequent there... well that's because they do. Grazie!

LilianaHintz, Owner at Nino's Family Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Reviewed May 25, 2016

The owners go to Italy every summer to keep up with authentic Italian cuisine. Great for couples family,friends or business.

Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

I ran across a picture of the pizza at Ninos and had to make a visit. The atmosphere is really cool there with Chianti wine bottles hanging EVERYWHERE. The pizza was really good too. I would say that this place is a hidden gem for sure. We have driven past it so many times and had no clue at what was inside! Cant wait to go back for a date night and try the spaghetti!

1  Thank Tracy K
Lilianaintz, Owner at Nino's Family Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Thank you.

Reviewed February 7, 2016 via mobile

Went to dinner on a quiet Sunday evening. Wendy was a great waitress and the food was wonderful. The Veal Romano was great! We'll be back!

Been to Nino's Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!