See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was a very basic room, however, it did have a king sized bed, small fridge, coffee maker and microwave. Unfortunately, no air conditioning - but that seems to be common on the island. It is 1/2 block from the ferry and on the beach. This is not a luxury accomodation by any means, but I was not planning to spend much time in my room. I enjoyed watching a beautiful sunrise with my feet in the sand and a fresh cup of coffee in my hands. Old blankets, towels and styrofoam coolers are available for guest use in the laundry room. Ice was also available. This is an older building, but that is probably why it is such a great value. There are a couple of restaurants nearby and several quaint stores. Most stores open at 10am and close around 5pm. The store accros the street stays open until 10pm and has ice cream, beverages and premade sandwiches. McDonough's in nearby and has a good variety of food and merchandise and stays open until 8pm. I plan to stay here again in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank MichiganVoyageur
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We chose this simple, older, motel for its location right by the harbor and ferry dock. Its location cannot be beat. The view cannot be beat. And it is close to a couple of restaurants/bars/stores.

Our room was on the water side, and the large windows (2 of which open) are wonderful for viewing the bay, boats, ferry, and Whiskey Point Lighthouse. It is a fairly large room. The bed was comfortable and the pillows decent. Linens pretty good, too. There is only a steel hanging rack, with about 6 hangars. No luggage rack. There is one chair, that is good for sitting on for about 5 minutes....! The desk/dresser is very, very old, banged up extensively, and only one drawer would open. The desk drawer did open. There is a lamp on the desk, and a coffee maker. There is also a decent frig that kept things cold.

The room seems to have been remodeled over the last few years-the walls, carpet, windows, blinds, and bathroom are fine. Very basic, but fine. The blinds didn't quite fit the windows properly and the screens had some tiny holes in them, and/or are not fitted to the window anymore, thus quite a few mosquitoes can and do get in. The toilet needs replacing as it appears to leak and it looks pretty bad. Shower pressure was good to poor. I guess that depends on how many others are using this motel-there are 8 rooms, and maybe everyone was taking a shower at the same time? Towels are OK. Bath products basic. No hair dryer.

NO A/C. They do have a very cool ceiling fan that works well and seems new and modern. There is also a floor fan. We used them all, plus had the windows open.

The room was clean upon arrival. However, after that, it did not get cleaned. They came in our room one day only. They picked up our dirty towels. That is it. Didn't dump the trash, vacuum, scour out the sink or tub, make the bed. The remaining days there no one ever came to clean our room, even to get the dirty towels. I found this totally unacceptable. We were surprised, because we not only left a tip, (they didn't take it), but we had just spoken to the housekeepers as they neared our room and once in the office. There are no "do not disturb" signs, so that was not it, either. We left by 10 each morning, and so that was not it either. WE never saw or spoke to the owner of the motel. EVER.

The picnic tables and grills provided outside are a nice thing to have, but all need replacing badly, especially the picnic tables. Large chunks of wood are missing out of the seats, and the rest of the wood is in very poor condition. I wouldn't even sit at the tables after scratching my leg the first night there chatting with the people in the room beside us. Also, the grass needed cutting, badly, like a week before-lol.

The swimming beach is very small, but there is sand. Also some reeds. There is an excellent public beach/picnic area/playground about 1/2 block down. Go there! There is also a little, quiet park two doors down the other way with a couple of benches. Locals tend to congregate there on that beach.

Prices are too high for this motel. I found a couple other motels that were full while visiting and I'd choose them if I could have. One has a great view of the harbor/bay, but is not directly on the bay.

I really can't recommend the place, but if all else is full, then I'd take a room here. If the owner would put some effort into keeping the place cleaner and the grounds up, and fix things as they need repair, then it would be a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank tymetraveler222
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Being by the water and on the beach was important to us and close to everything. The rooms are basic and served the purpose of a place to rest and shower. Simple rooms and it being a smaller place seemed homey. Close to restaurants/bars and next to the boat dock and watching the ferries come in and out. Walking was a short distance to other shops and grocery store. Owner lives there and was helpful - even came to the airport to pick us up!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank PolishWoman
Reviewed September 29, 2010

This is a total failure as a motel. The Only element going for it is that one is right on the beach in town right across from a bar. If you do not mind the noise and the wayward drunks or the 70's decor, beds and rummage sale furniture and can get past the rude person who may or may not be around at any time and do not mind paying too much for too little then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family