Shanty Creek Resorts - Summit Village
Legend Cottages(Bellaire)
  • Pool
Bellaire Inn(Bellaire)
  • Beachfront
White Birch Lodge(Elk Rapids)
  • Beachfront
Cedars Resort(Central Lake)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
East Jordan Motel(East Jordan)
View Hotel
All reviewsshanty creekview of the lakelake bellairetraverse cityski resortoff seasonlift ticketsresort staffthird flooroutdoor poolfull kitchenget awayhot tublong weekendminute drivefall colorsgolf course
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My employer had booked this property for a large meeting. I would say we had 60% or more of the rooms booked for our group. This is important because I think it directly has to do with the water pressure issue I experienced, to discuss later.

We arrived at night and it’s a bit confusing getting into the place. There are signs, but there are so many different signs it was difficult to find exactly where we needed to go. Once we got to the lobby, check in was a breeze. They gave us a nice map to the room and where to park, and myself and my roommate were in our room (367) in short order. The room is quite large, with a very large closet, smaller bathroom, two queen beds, nice desk area, refrigerator, microwave, flat screen, and a large balcony. Plenty of outlets to charge everything – very helpful!

The room was very attractively decorated with muted colors. Carpets were clean. Very large balcony, ours overlooked the parking area but the view was still stunning from the third floor. Had we had a room on the other side of the hotel, we would have overlooked Bellaire Lake, which you can see if you walk out to the patio area on the west side of the hotel. Bar and restaurant were hopping when I got there, but due to the tiring 5 hour drive, I chose to stay in, my roommate went out and received very good service at the bar.

The bed was very comfortable, bedding was ample and cozy. I did think the pillows were a bit hard, I kept throwing it to the side and sleeping without it until my neck hurt then pulling it back over for a while. There was a nice alarm clock in the room too.

The only issue we experienced was the morning, getting ready. I don’t know if it was because we were on the top floor, or because probably everyone in the building was showering at the same time due to us all having the same start time for our meeting, but the water pressure was atrocious. And I am serious, there was none. It would come and go from a trickle to sort of spitting out of the showerhead, I had to press myself against the wall and straddle the faucet to get any water at all. Pressure was somewhat better at the faucet so I finished rinsing my hair by kneeling on the tub floor and running the water over my hair. Not acceptable. I was in such as hurry as my normal five minute shower time took 20 that I forgot to call them or tell them at checkout, as we didn’t have time to check out properly, we just left the keys in the room.

Otherwise, it was a great stay and I would definitely come back for a winter trip. I would just choose to shower at “off” times.

Room Tip: try to get a room overlooking Bellaire Lake, on the west side.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Great place! The $10million upgrade they did a few years back really shows. If possible, get a lakeview room. The view of the lake is breathtaking! Must be the best in Michigan. Had a small screwup on my reservation, but the front desk staff was awesome and totally made things right. Very peaceful place too. The hotel can be packed, yet you still feel like you have gotten away from it all. The restaurant in the hotel is fantastic (especially the breakfast buffet and the Sunday brunch) Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We just returned from our second Labour Day weekend golf trip and were talking about booking next year's holiday when we were only into our second day. We were fortunate to have had our room upgraded (not sure why they offered when we booked but we were really pleased). We stayed in the main hotel in a large suite with living area, double wide balcony and lovely view (despite the rain). The restaurant has delicious meals and the wait staff have just the right balance of friendliness and professional service. Can't comment on the pool but the associated golf courses range from okay (Summit) to very nice (Legend and Cedar Creek). Our tee-times were accurately booked and the hotel staff tried their best to assist us with solving some car problems. It is easy to spend a lot; however, last year we stayed in the condo section of the hotel which would be more economical (but less relaxing). The resort is easy to get to from Soo Ontario and close to good shopping and some cute villages.

Room Tip: The rooms surrounding the pool offer a nice view, but remember you're on view to the people in the dining room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Def stay somewhere else. Summit was old dirty and smelly. Nice outdoor heated pool. To far from many attractions. Very quiet place Just rather stayed at boyne.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Syrianbeauty
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The property is well maintained and the views are awesome. The hotel is nice and the restaurant on site was very nice. We stayed in one of the condos (each are privately owned) but it needed "some love". Things were dated and should be upgraded. Business associates staying in the hotel, were very pleased however. There is so much to do around the area, with Traverse City, Petosky, Charlevoix and Harbor Springs being so close. There are many inland lakes close by as well. It's a great place in the summer (as we found out), as it's also well known for it's skiing and winter sports. They had a nice golf course there as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business