“Brand New Property in new development area”

Staybridge Suites - Benton Harbor-St. Joseph River
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Benton Harbor
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Just opened two weeks ago, we were the first to stay in our room. The décor was very nice. There is still some work going on and as has been said a few kinks being worked out, but the staff is very eager to please and will go out of there way to do so. For example in our room the TV remote wasn't programmed but that was OK for us because we don't go on vacation to watch TV. An added bonus was the free dinner buffet on Mon-Wed night. While we were there it was Baked Potato bar one night and grill out (Burgers and Brats) with side dishes the next night. Easy ~15 minute drive to either downtown St. Joseph or Warren Dunes State Park. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KrispyOhio
Reviewed 6 August 2017

As you can imagine, finding a new hotel that is affordable on the western side of Michigan can be tricky. In addition, we had a new puppy to boot. We booked this hotel mainly because the price plus the minimal expense of having a pet ($25) vs. some other chains that were much more or older hotels with no fee.

Overall the stay was fine and we enjoyed it greatly. However, it was clear the hotel had just been completed. There is nothing that impeded our stay, but in our room there were clear signs that areas still needed paint, there were uncompleted touches in the bathroom and even in the lobby, there were tile separators in the newly completed fireplace.

The breakfast was great and the people were more than helpful. The grass needs to be cut (it was really deep for even my dog), but I think once the get their final touches completed, it'll be a great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

The room is clean. I believe this hotel is just a few weeks old. My shower still had construction dust all over the walls but that will be cleaned in time. I stayed with my spouse and my son. We slept well except for above us there was constant banging from kids or someone jumping or running on the floor. I heard someone at breakfast also talking about the excessive amount of kids on the floor above us. I was disappointed because my son wanted to go swimming yet the pool was cloudy and dirty and I couldn't even see the third step. Housekeeping brought linens for the hideaway sofa bed but they brought him two fitted sheets a fitted bed pad and pillow. Instead of complaining about not having a blanket he used the bed pad as his blanket. Breakfast was overly crowded. I felt bad for the server for she was going as fast as she could trying to keep up. The egg omelets would be gone as soon as she brought them out, there was no muffins left, and the batter for the waffles was too thick and it took too long for it to come out in your cup before you made a waffle. I have stayed at Staybridges several times before and really like the hotel chain. I think this one just has a lot of new kinks to work out to be up to par. The wifi works great and the TV channels are plentiful with big televisions in each room. Overall still needs work.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sixhoyts
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend. All hotels in St.Joseph were booked. And it was an awesome choice. Not far from the city. Beaches. Still you have to drive. Located at business center- Walmart nearby, etc. not super romantic location if you are looking for such. Comfy rooms, stocked kitchen. Clean. Quiet. Some shortage at breakfast - we have to wait for coffee, eggs, napkins. Not long but they were not prepared for breakfast room with so many people at the same time. Definitely we will stay here when visiting St.Joseph

Stayed: July 2017
6.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph
0.8 km away
Best Western Benton Harbor - St. Joseph

Been to Staybridge Suites - Benton Harbor-St. Joseph River? Share your experiences!