“Local Gem”

Vinsetta Garage
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Berkley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: They just opened last weekend. It is a converted car repair shop that the new owners have kept as the ambiance.
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here several times and was never disappointed. Previously, we had dinner. The burgers are great and so was the pizza. The wait can be long, so plan around traditionally busy hours. We’ve lucked out several times and got seats at the bar and had our meal there. The service has always been friendly and efficient. Yesterday was a dreary day and we sought out a close place for a Bloody Mary. I read a good review of Vinsetta’s, so away we went. My ONLY disappointment was that they didn’t open until 11:00 am. By that time there were people waiting at the door. We sat at the comfortable bar and ordered Bloody Marys with a mini burger and a bowl of chilli verde. The drinks took awhile, but they were worth the wait. The seasoning around the rim was delicious. The burger garnish was a heavenly couple of bites. The very friendly bartender provided a free beer back when we asked. The chili was a great choice. The only suggestion I’d make is that they should open earlier on weekends and develop a breakfast menu. They’d be packed!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed May 7, 2018

I have been here twice as this is a new restaurant for us. The location is easy to find and the decor is truly an old garage! The food and service is very good as well!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Looking for a place for lunch that we had not been to before but always wanted to,
we chose the Vinsetta Garage on a Friday afternoon. I called and was told they do not take reservations. However, upon arrival the four of us were seated immediately in a comfortable banquette booth. Our server Jasmine was most attentive and helpful with our beer selections and food order. We choose the House cheese burger, the tuna hot dish, the chopped salad, and the grilled chicken sandwich. The lunch was enjoyable and the noise level allowed for conversation.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 1, 2018

Set in an old service station, this restaurant is such a cool place to eat. The burgers and the mac and cheese are to die for. There is a nice selection of Michigan beers available. I have been there many times and will continue to go back as it's one of my favorites in the area.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

This is the type of place where I always leave saying “that was ok”. Nothing ever seems to really impress me here. At the same time nothing is bad. It’s a good lunch place I guess. It’s a little pricey for food that is just ok though. I usually only go here if someone else suggests it

Date of visit: April 2018