Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-05-23
Hampton.com
Free cancellation until 21-05-23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 21-05-22
FindHotelUS$139
Hotels.comUS$110
Expedia.comUS$110
All reviews business center nice property every morning room was clean water pressure hot tub good size a great stay free breakfast bagels eggs smoothies mi inns gas hockey refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2020 via mobile

The room is clean, but only one chair for two people, the heating cooling system either makes it a meat locker or a sweat chamber, the bedspread blanket is so heavy you can’t wear it for sleeping. The beds are comfortable the water was hot and the room was clean the staff is friendly.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2020 via mobile

4th of July, 2020, last minute decision to take a long weekend motorcycle ride found us heading south from Mackinac City, MI and still without a room at 5 pm. Called ahead and found one overly priced at Cadillac. Stopped in Big Rapids for gas, saw Hampton Inn across the street, made a call and found vacancy, staff called Cadillac for us and cancelled reservation, rebooked us within minutes, all for a much better price and exceptionally nice property.
Helpful, friendly, accommodating staff, exceptionally clean, like-new property, modern, COVID-19 accordant, and comfortable.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathryn M
Reviewed March 2, 2020

Big Rapids is a repeat destination for family visits and hockey games and this updated Hampton Inn has proven the best value and quality combo for us. The general spaces are as clean as the rooms. The staff at the front desk were always, friendly and helpful, making us feel welcome the moment we came through the front doors. The rooms are competitively priced and toss in the free breakfast for the hat trick. The University and the downtown shopping and restaurant districts are no more than five minutes away from the hotel. The Katke Golf Course is closer than that. Price, location, quality. Until something about that trifecta falls apart, we will be coming back.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed February 24, 2020

I was visiting the Big Rapids area with a friend of mine over a weekend in February 2020 and we had the pleasure of spending a Saturday night at this Hampton. I tend to stay at a lot of Hampton Inns and this one was nice... just like they always are.

Our check-in process was quick and easy. Our room (#410) was clean and comfortable... no issues there. We slept well overall.

I appreciated the business center for the ability to use a computer to check my social media during our stay, and I loved the breakfast (like I usually do at Hamptons).

There were a few very minor things that led me to give this Hampton a 4-star, rather than a 5-star, rating. First, the water pressure in our bathroom shower was weaker than it should have been. Second, the pool did not have a hot tub (I always enjoy sitting in hot tubs at hotel pools but this pool just didn't have one). Third, the computer in the business center would sometimes unexpectedly log out and take a few minutes to log back on... always when I was in the middle of something. (That third issue is not unique to this Hampton but seems to be a problem with the business center computers at any Hilton property I stay at. I've thought about contacting Hilton's corporate offices about this issue.)

Despite these minor issues, we very much enjoyed our stay and I would gladly stay at this Hampton again. Very pleasant overall.

Date of stay: February 2020
BigRapidsPam, General Manager at Hampton Inn Big Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2020

Thank-you for your very kind words and also for your useful suggestions. Reviews mean a lot to us. Unfortunately I don't see us getting a hot tub but the water pressure and computer issues have been fixed (at least for now). The things we have 100% control over we get fixed right away! I am also very proud of our housekeepers because they really do a great job keeping the hotel clean. I hope you enjoyed our breakfast, too. If you get a chance to come to Big Rapids in the summer, this is a wonderful community. I truly hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2020 via mobile

Stay here for 3 night. Check in is a breeze. The room was clean and a good size. The is a refrigerator but no microwave.
Breakfast was okay, regular hotel breakfast. Oatmeal, eggs, juice, bagel, etc.
One other plus is the staff are very friendly and they makes your stay an enjoyable one.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank deb-5584

Thank-you so much for taking the time to write a review and then for writing such a nice one. We do have a few rooms that don't have microwaves in them because of where they would sit in the room. However, we have microwaves for every room and whenever you stay with us just ask and we will bring one up to you. This is true if it's a microwave or anything else you need; if we can provide it we will certainly try. I truly hope you come back and visit us soon.